This ad is expired.
Sr Events Coordinator (Revised)
The Senior Events Coordinator is responsible for the overall operation of Conferencing activity at Barsema Alumni Visitor Center and Altgeld Hall. This involves running the catering facilities during an event and handling all the preparation before the event and after as well. The Senior Events Coordinator not only manages client relations but also maintain employee and vendor relations to run a successful catering facility. The position will book all reactive leads along with manage them from contract through duration of event. Associate Director of Special Events/Conferencing and Events Sales and will actively seek new business opportunities for the Barsema Alumni Visitor Center and Altgeld Hall.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling five years from the following categories:
(a) progressively more responsible business experience performing duties which included
responsibility for special events coordination
(b) college course work with a concentration in business, marketing, advertising, public
relations, human resource, communications or related areas as measured by the
following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 total semester hours equals one year
- 90 total semester hours equals two years
- 120 total semester hours equals three years
Education and Experience Preferred:
Working Hours: Monday-Friday; nights and weekends as required
Posting Date: 09/13/2021
Closing Date: 9/17/2021
Priority Review Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience.
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification, including any specialty factors associated with this particular position.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from email@example.com and CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu. Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is a Credentials Assessment, and is based on your application materials as submitted for this posting. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the hiring department for interview.
- If eligible for Veterans Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
- Click on Senior Events Coordinator for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
- Please click Human Resource Services Benefits for detailed information about Northern Illinois Universitys benefits package.
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
To apply, visit https://employment.niu.edu/postings/59290
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency