This ad is expired.
SR. ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE, Development and Alumni Relations, Prospect Analytics (23500609641201)
Tracking Code: 23500609641201
We in Boston University Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) harness the power of philanthropy to make an excellent education accessible and welcoming to all, and to advance BU's global leadership in research, scholarship, artistic creation, and professional practice. To support our work, we have built-and are continuing to build-an outstanding team of dynamic, mission-driven advancement professionals who constantly strive to create an environment where everyone belongs. Where it's not just about a job, but a career and a community.
Now, our Business Intelligence team is looking for a Senior Associate Director who will lead the Business Intelligence team in providing analytical, reporting, and decision support/strategy services for Boston University's Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) leadership and its stakeholders.
Business Intelligence & Prospect Strategies at Boston University
The mission of Business Intelligence & Prospect Strategies is to uncover and provide data, information, knowledge, insight, and wisdom that will maximize impact for stakeholders and decision-makers within DAR, within Boston University, and beyond.
As such, Business Intelligence & Prospect Strategies is comprised of three teams: Business Intelligence, which optimizes the impact of data quantitatively and/or visually to achieve DAR business objectives, Research, which provides key wealth-, relationship-, and inclination-related details on individual constituents, and Prospect Management (PM), which oversees prospect-, portfolio-, and pathway-related processes, leading to developing strategies for its clients within DAR.
Leveraging industry best practices in computational philanthropy and prospect development, Business Intelligence & Prospect Strategies aims to support the engagement and fundraising efforts of DAR to not only meet but exceed its engagement and philanthropic goals.
Senior Associate Director
The Senior Associate Director requires a deep understanding of data analysis and visualization techniques and will maintain advanced proficiency in cutting-edge analytical tools for computational philanthropy to fulfill this requirement.
The Senior Associate Director will help transform complex data into meaningful visualizations that effectively communicate insights, trends, and best practice recommendations to leadership and other stakeholders. The incumbent will also coach, and provide strategic direction to, members of the Business Intelligence team, manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and continuously seek out opportunity for process improvement.
Business Intelligence Services & Deliverables:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand their data needs and incorporate these dependencies into the BI strategy; recommend strategic direction for team based on data needs of partners and stakeholders in DAR.
- Implement, maintain, evolve and innovate a comprehensive reporting and business intelligence program to serve the multiple needs of DAR fundraising units and advancement service units such as leads generation/prospect identification, prospect tracking & portfolio optimization, campaign and other internal reporting.
- Create dynamic reports, dashboards, and visualizations using interactive data visualization platforms (such as Power BI and Tableau) or integrated development environments (IDEs) that effectively convey data insights to stakeholders and key decision makers.
- Utilize supervised, unsupervised, and other machine/deep learning methodologies found in applied statistics and/or data science to make actionable, evidence-based recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team, unit heads, and project stakeholders.
- Perform descriptive/predictive/prescriptive analytics to track trends, identify relationships, and highlight anomalies, forecast likely and potential outcomes.
Staff, Productivity, & Performance Management:
- Manage the Business Intelligence team and the coordination and collaboration with other departmental teams; establish goals and priorities for team members, and align resources based on target outcomes.
- Help produce and articulate overall BI strategy in accordance with DAR and BU strategic plans.
- Work closely with senior and executive leadership to identify strategic opportunities for leveraging BI within the practice of philanthropy and for the purposes of the coming campaign; recommend changes to policies and practices based on strategic priorities to increase philanthropic contributions to the University.
- Define and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of BI services and initiatives.
- Oversee project intake, timelines, and execution, delegating according to the strengths of the Business Intelligence team members, team bandwidth, and project priority.
- Identify and implement initiatives based on process improvement and future needs of the team and key stakeholders.
- Create professional development plans for direct reports, identify new skills to be acquired, and suggest conferences and seminar attendance.
- Make data-based recommendations to support resource planning and strategic decision-making by communicating complex information in a clear, concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify and recommend changes to policies, processes, and products as process improvement to encourage DAR staff and fundraising units to function more effectively, efficiently, and strategically within and across fundraising units.
- Establish and cultivate working relationship with various team leaders across DAR fundraising units and advancement service units.
Current Technology, Best Practices, & Education:
- Define data standards and best practices to maintain a reliable and accurate data environment.
- Continuously assess and enhance the performance of BI systems and processes.
- Explore current technologies & best practices most applicable to computational philanthropy and evaluate their utility to accomplishing the philanthropic mission of BU DAR
- See one, do one, teach one - set aside time to develop new technical or interpersonal skills and share with the team.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in business analytics or related field that requires aptitude in tools and techniques of applied statistics or data science; Demonstrated past successes in computational philanthropy/fundraising data science can substitute for degree requirement.
- 8+ years relevant experience including 3+ years of management experience.
- Technical proficiencies include but are not limited to:
- Tableau, Power BI, or other visualization tool beyond PowerPoint.
- Salesforce systems, data cloud, and interactive data visualization.
- Data collection and transformation such as automated web scraping and scoring automation.
- SAS, SPSS, R, Python or a coding language used in applied statistics and/or in data science beyond Excel.
- Preferred technical proficiencies include:
- Unsupervised machine learning such as clustering and factor/principal component analysis.
- Supervised machine learning such as classification and regression.
- Impeccable written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing projects, timelines, and bandwidth.
- Eagerness to develop partnerships and collaboration across the University.
- Personal belief in mission, goals, and objectives of private higher education.
- Ability to keep donor and donor prospect information confidential.
- High proficiency in relevant software, eCRMs, operations and procedures, including University wide systems and applications.
But thats not all were looking for; we want someone who embodies our values:
- Teamwork, transparency, and mutual respect, because we value every members contributions and know that leadership can come from anywhere.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to ensuring that each of us knows we belong here.
- Integrity in how we work and how we treat one another.
- Strategic thinking and curiosity in the relentless pursuit of fresh approaches and measurable results.
- Continuous growth and improvement, both as individuals and as a team.
- Joy and shared appreciation for working hard toward goals that matter.
If this resonates with you and you want to help us in our ambitious next campaign-and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional- we encourage you to apply. If you are hesitant to apply because you have not previously performed every responsibility listed in the description, but you do possess transferable skills and the defined qualifications, we still want to hear from you and welcome your application as well.
To learn more about Development & Alumni Relations at Boston University, and other job opportunities, please stop by the DAR Talent website: https://www.bu.edu/dar-talent/.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, natural or protective hairstyle, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the employment application process, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at 617-358-1796.
Job Location: BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade: Grade 50
To apply, visit https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=313343&company_id=15509&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=1018173&aid=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency