California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 505342
Work type: Auxiliary
Categories: Administrative, At-Will, Temporary, Full Time, Education Support Professionals, Student Services
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time, "non-exempt", benefited position through 6/30/2022 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $3,064-5,148 per month
Location: San Bernardino, CA
The mission of ICDFR is to serve the needs of children and families in the local region through applied research, education, and service. Currently, our faculty oversee active funded partnerships with First 5, San Bernardino County Schools, SBC Foster Youth Services, SBC Homeless Youth Services, and the Department of Education. CSUSB is a Hispanic Serving Institution with approximately 80% first-generation college students. Qualified applicants with experience in ethnically diverse settings and/or who demonstrate a commitment to serving a diverse student population are strongly encouraged to apply. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from women and members of historically underrepresented groups.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 10/20/2021.
Under the supervision of the director, ICDFR's Program Coordinator performs a wide range of duties to support the day-to-day administrative, fiscal , programming, and office support functions of the ICDFR. Specifically, the Program Coordinator will:
- Manage the central ICDFR office and perform a variety of clerical tasks including inputting data on computer, filing, copying, answering the telephone, greeting visitors, and running errands on campus and in the community.
- Handling the processing of personnel including recruiting, hiring, timesheets, and separation.
- Manage and provide oversight and reconciliation of ICDFR central budget and multiple individual ICDFR project budgets.
- Assist in the update and revisions of project reports; perform follow-up communication with project members regarding project action items; prepare, assemble, and distribute project materials; and maintain project files.
- Welcoming and directing visitors; providing general information to prospective clients.
- Assist ICDFR Director with the coordination of all program activities.
- Participate in the planning, coordination, and execution of special events.
- Assist the ICDFR Director with Annual Reports.
- Provide general supervision and complete performance evaluations for ICDFR student assistants.
- Process ICDFR purchases and travel expenses, as well as purchases for ICDFR related projects.
- Field routine inquiries and explain ICDFR's mission, policies and procedures to faculty, staff, students, and the general public
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma and some college required.
Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in general office clerical work. Experience managing and reporting on budgets.
Additional Qualifications: Applicants must possess excellent oral and written skills and have knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices. Applicants must have experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite Applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Applicants must have experience with planning and coordinating events on campus and/or in the community. Applicants must have the ability to follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, have the ability to multi-task, make decisions on a day-to-day basis, be reliable, punctual, responsible, and have effective organizational and planning skills. Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, helpful, professional attitude. Applicants must have the ability to handle sensitive interactions/situations and confidential information, along with the ability to work with diverse populations and traditionally underrepresented students, communicate with professionals in the community, and work well with a team of support staff and faculty.
- Strongly preferred B.A, or B.S. degree.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency