This ad is expired.
Program Assistant - Family Resource & Training Center
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney and Spokane, Washington, with programs offered throughout the state and online with an enrollment of over 12,000 students. Eastern is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington reporting to its own Board of Trustees.
Easterns 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 11,000 residents 16 miles southwest of the states second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the Brand new Catalyst building and on the Riverpoint Campus which is shared with Washington State University. Eastern also offers program throughout the state based on the needs of the community. Eastern offers an array of bachelors and masters degrees and one applied doctorate in physical therapy. EWU offers 135 fields of study, 9 masters degrees, 12 graduate certificates, 39 graduate programs, 1 educational specialist degree, and 1 applied doctorate to more than 10,000 enrolled students.
This recruitment will close for additional applications at midnight Thursday, November 18, 2021.
The College of Professional Programs and the School of Social Work at Eastern Washington University invites applications for a full-time position to serve as invites applications for a 12-months per year, 100% Program Assistant for the Family Resource and Training Center (IFRTC) located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Under general supervision, this position will provide specialized clerical support for the FRTC; the specialized clerical tasks require knowledge and experience specific to the FRTC program. Position will provide support to off-site personnel by assisting with daily administrative office needs; provide general program information pertaining to policies, procedures and activities to participants, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare and/or members of the public. Other inquiries are referred to the Director or other relevant staff member. Position reports directly to the Supervisor at FRTC.
Position is located at the FRTC in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. This is a full time, grant and contract funded salaried position with full benefits. Eastern Washington University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Position is open until further notice, screening will begin November 1, 2021.
See Job Duties section for detailed description of the position's responsibilities.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years experiences full-time clerical experience.
- Strong computer skills as described under required computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to support several individuals at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to serve as a program liaison with multiple internal and external entities.
- Strong customer service ability including the ability to perceive needs and appropriate respond to highly diverse constituencies (students, faculty, state agencies, private practitioners, vendors, campus constituencies, administrators, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize within a complex work environment including overlapping job requirements, multiple deadlines, projects of varying complexity and duration, and meeting the needs of multiple individuals.
- Ability to stay focused and make progress on long term projects despite frequent interruptions by individuals and short term program needs.
- Experience using standard office equipment including computer, print, fax, copiers, scanners, multi-line telephone systems and messaging systems.
Note: each of the Position Specific Requirements ("PSR") defined above requires two years work experience involving the functions/abilities described above. This experience can come from one or more positions, as long as you offer at least one year full time qualifying work experience in EACH AND ALL of the PSRs defined above.
- Knowledge of website maintenance
- Understanding of SharePoint
- Experience with social media such as Twitter or FaceBook
- Experience with Microsoft office, outlook, power point, word
- Experience with Google platform
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
% of Time: 73
Responsibility / Duty: Specialized Tasks (requires knowledge and experience specific to the FRTC Program
- Organize and prepare materials for FRTC trainings and conferences.
- Assemble materials for prospective individuals, recruitment coordinates, and family engagement specialists, which includes composing and mailing written communication.
- Assist in maintain and update internal and external contact information for distributions lists.
- Maintain regular communications with administrative personnel on status of assignments,
- Assist with fulfillment of clerical tasks related to EWU and college policies and procedures, including but not limited to: travel, purchasing, student stipend, contract requirements, and deadlines, meetings, etc.
- Assist with tracking individuals progress throughout FRTC programs and provide feedback to Recruitment Coordinators on status.
- Assist with arrangements as requested for special events such as: recruiting informational sessions; conferences, training sessions, workshops and student activities; assist with setting up equipment for meetings as requested.
- Serves as primary contact for general inquiries; forward other inquiries to relevant Director or other relevant higher level staff.
- Utilizing information provided by others, inputs and maintains training schedules on SharePoint and website, www.icwrtc.org
- Assist with monthly needs, copies, rosters, etc., related to staff that are responsible for recruitment and training personnel.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
% of Time: 15
Responsibility / Duty: Provide Program Related Information & Other Duties
- Serve as primary contact to assist with event/training registrations.
- Receive and respond to website inquires or forward to appropriate person
- Act as liaison with AFI supervisors for students and Scholars program.
- Assist in preparation of print and electronic marketing materials for ICWRTC.
- Assist with maintenance of ICWRTC webpages as directed.
- Under direction of Operations Manager, maintain social media presence and assist Recruitment * Coordinators with Facebook pages.
- Perform office support functions: order and receive office supplies; prioritize and distribute incoming mail; answer, screen and direct telephone calls for multi-line phone system; compose and edit correspondence including confidential and sensitive information.
- Proof and edit documents
- Assist with fiscal reconciliation and coordinate purchases with Fiscal Specialists
- Attend and record meeting notes for distribution.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
% of Time: 12
Responsibility / Duty: Computer / technology skills and related duties
- MS word - perform complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrating text with graphics.
- MS Excel - use spreadsheets to develop and maintain records.
- Database Management - maintain complex databases, including sorting/importing/exporting files and creating reports.
- Desktop Publishing - ability to modify or create files.
- Email - Ability to send messages to multiple recipients, make contact lists, send attachments, monitor mailboxes.
- Internet - Ability to search and retrieve information from the internet efficiently.
- Web Maintenance - basic knowledge of web maintenance
- Overall knowledge - intermediate skills with the ability to troubleshoot own workstation.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a 100% administrative exempt position funded under a grant contract. Continuation of the position is contingent on availability of contract funding.
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
- All new employees must comply with EWU immunization Policy 602-02 and provide proof of immunity or vaccination to MMR and proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning work at EWU. Waivers for the immunization requirements are available for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Candidates will work from a home office with equipment provided by EWU. Equipment will include a laptop computer, cell phone, and office supplies as needed. Selected candidates will be responsible for the inventory and proper care of all equipment and supplies. Positions will require a high level of autonomy given the remote office location.
- Must have transportation and a valid drivers license.
- The position will be centralized at the ICWRTC in Coeur dAlene. Travel will be required for work in any of the counties served in Region 1 (Kootenai, Shoshone, Benewah, Boundary, Bonner).
Salary Information: $34,260 - $44,268
Posting Date: 10/21/2021
Open Until Further Notice:
Closing Date: 11/18/2021
Screening to Begin: 11/01/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/7704
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency