This ad is expired.
Job no: 506237
Work type: Staff
Location: Monterey Bay
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Safety
Classification: Clerical & Administrative Support Services (CSUEU)
Anticipated Hiring Salary: High $3,000's/month
CSU Salary Schedule
FTE / Hours: 1.0 or 40 hours per week
Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. The university's Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the general supervision of the Parking Services Manager, and daily oversight by the Parking Supervisor (Community Service Specialist II), the Parking Officer will provide a variety of parking and public safety support duties which will include enforcement of campus parking rules and regulations, and assisting law enforcement personnel both in the field and in an office environment. The Parking Officer must be able to work shift work including evenings and weekends, and occasional overtime per department needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Issues parking citations and warnings for violations of campus and state parking regulations and provides animal control services while patrolling campus on foot and by vehicle, and oversees the removal of parked vehicles pursuant to Div. 11, Chp. 10, Art. 1 of the CVC.
- Provides customer service at the University Police Department including helping customers at the front counter in person, by telephone and electronically with requests for information and service in public safety matters including but not limited to; parking permits and enforcement, victims/witnesses of crime, lost & found items, emergency management and occupational health and safety. Operates a cash register and Live Scan machine.
- Performs a variety of functions in support of public safety and student employment including, training and overseeing the Live Scan process; may assist in scheduling or assignment of student Community Service Officers, serve as Building Emergency Coordinator, and participate in EOC operations as assigned. May enter data in the Common Management System (CMS).
- Directs traffic for special events, public safety emergencies, or as requested. Provides vehicle jump-start services; assists with storage and release of bicycles, property and evidence control, and impounded vehicle release.
- Maintains, performs minor service on, and collects money from parking dispensers/meters.
- Participates in community relations and crime prevention activities, and testing of campus alarm and emergency phone systems. Provides safety escorts to members of the campus community. Checks, opens, and secures campus facilities.
- Patrols campus to detect hazards such as fire, theft, vandalism, trespassing and other crimes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of: applicable procedures and regulations related to parking, public safety, and campus security; alarm and radio systems; and/or the ability to learn how to use applicable parking-related equipment and automated systems. Knowledge of and the ability to learn how to use the applicable public safety-related equipment and systems are essential.
Ability to: interact with a wide range of individuals including the campus community, general public, and law enforcement personnel, calmly and effectively communicate with angry, confused, and/or confrontational customers to convey detailed information/instructions to customers regarding public safety and parking information, must have the ability to handle sensitive situations with tact, compassion and confidentiality. Ability to detect and respond appropriately to potential hazardous or crime situations; observe and recall details and incidents; act and resolve parking and traffic problems, and write standard incident reports in a clear and concise manner.
Entry to the first level of this qualification requires high school level reading and writing abilities and possession of a valid California Driver's License. The nature of the duties may also require successful completion of a background check, physical and psychological exam, and/or the ability to attend Police Officers Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.) programs related to public safety support and dispatch activities. High School diploma or equivalent and three to six months of related experience would normally achieve these entry qualifications.
Must be eligible to be bonded and be able to obtain certification for authorization to access the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System information via training in the University Police Department. Proficient in the use of personal computers, and demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including knowledge and abilities identified above. Incumbent must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and compassion with sensitive situations and information.
Two or more years experience in an adversarial environment related to public service such as parking operations or law enforcement, which provided the ability to deal calmly with angry, confused, and/or confrontational customers. Working knowledge of applicable procedures and regulations related to parking and traffic control, public safety operations, and emergency preparedness. Highly desirable: knowledge of campus layout and parking facilities, technical fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, internet browsers, Google email and calendaring programs; and demonstrated understanding of and commitment to CSUMB's Vision.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with access to:
- or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information; and
- responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive. (Reference: CSU Policy 8065 - Information Security and CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and will be required to participate in annual training and to immediately forward to the Clery Director all reports of crimes brought to their attention pursuant to the Clery Act and California State Education Code, Chapter 16, of the Donahue Higher Education Act, Section 67380.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
- Must be able to work shift work including evenings and weekends, and occasional overtime; shift may be rotated per department needs.
This position is required to work indoors and outdoors year-round, in inclement weather. Also includes a typical office environment with standard equipment including a cash register and tasks and may require working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time and requires travel on campus and to off-campus locations.
There are components of this job which are deemed essential on campus. This position will primarily work on the main campus, with occasional work from home. This position requires working on campus with students. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. In the fall, students, faculty, staff, and the community can expect that masks will be required and that the appropriate degree of social distancing will be in place in all areas based on evolving guidance. Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to be vaccinated before coming to campus. All community members who work or attend class on campus should expect to participate in a random or periodic testing system. CSUMB will communicate more information about vaccination requirements and testing protocols when the details become available.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
Employees are required to comply with COVID-19 requirements. For the CSUMB's most current masking and vaccination requirements please visit: https://csumb.edu/health/coronavirus-information/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, visit https://careers.csumb.edu/en-us/job/506237/parking-officer
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency