This ad is expired.
PT MAICEI Program Coordinator
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions. Massasoit Community College is solidly committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action in the development of its policies, programs, procedures, and practices. Our mission, vision, and values emanate from the principles of diversity and opportunity for all.
In accordance with the American College and University President's Climate Commitment, it is our goal as educational leaders to demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable practices through highly visible efforts. All staff must demonstrate a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship and promote those values to co-workers and the wider campus community.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
The grant-funded Massachusetts Inclusive Concurrent Enrollment Initiative (MAICEI) Program at Massasoit offers inclusive concurrent enrollment opportunities (credit and non-credit courses and extra-curricular activities) for students 18-22 years old with intellectual disabilities from partnering public school districts. The part-time Coordinator will manage and implement all aspects of the program including daily operations, recruiting students, academic support, career exploration, grant management, and convening the Partnership Leadership Team. The Coordinator will serve as the primary program contact for college faculty and staff, the partnering school systems, service agency personnel and others.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinates all MAICEI Program activities and develops comprehensive academic supports for dual enrollment transition-age students with intellectual/developmental disabilities to promote access to campus life and college coursework in an inclusive setting.
- Reviews documentation of disability to assess learning strengths and needs for individual students. Consults with Educational Coaches and Transition Specialists/ teachers regarding instructional needs of students.
- Plans and facilitates regular meetings of the Massasoit MAICEI Program Partnership Leadership Team (PLT), which includes key representatives from Massasoit, the local school districts, adult service agencies, family members and others.
- Participates in recruitment, admissions and orientation of incoming students. Develops and/or update program materials for incoming students and their families. Co-facilitates Person-Centered Plans for incoming MAICEI students in collaboration with sending districts.
- Provides academic advising and course registration assistance to MAICEI students.
- Collaborates with Massasoit's Access and Disability Resources staff on the accommodation process and other supports for MAICEI students.
- Provides 1:1 support/instructional sessions relating to student coursework, on-campus internships, and club and social activity and involvement.
- Develops and delivers lessons and activities related to study skills, social skills and employment soft skills.
- Cultivates on-campus internship opportunities by collaborating with key campus program managers and administrators.
- Matches student work interests with internship opportunities, and communicates with internship supervisors to ensure student and supervisor goals are being met.
- Completes the Work Based Learning Plan (WBLP) with MAICEI students each semester to create and monitor individual work goals.
- Trains district Educational Coaches to support students in classes and in internship setting.
- Oversees development, review, and revision of program policies, practices, and procedures in conjunction with the sending districts.
- Participates in technical assistance, mentoring activities and other professional development opportunities provided to the state-side MAICEI network.
- Organizes, coordinates and provides professional development activities for PLT members, college faculty and staff, and school district personnel that promote successful, meaningful inclusion of MAICEI students in the college community.
- Performs administrative program tasks including: collection and reporting of statistical data and narrative for annual reports; collaboration with the sending districts on the creation of an annual Memorandum of Agreement (MOA); and maintenance of confidential student files.
- Writes annual grant proposal and administers annual grant budget.
- Promotes and advertises program.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education, Educational Psychology, Career Development, Counseling, or related field.
- 3-5 years' experience working with or teaching young adults with intellectual and/or other disabilities.
- Working knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)/Section 504 and post-secondary disability services.
- Experience developing program policies/procedures.
- Grant and budget management experience.
- Ability to foster communication among multiple collaborating entities.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations.
- Knowledge/skill using Microsoft Office applications and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Universal Design, Person-Centered Planning, adaptive and assistive technology; inclusive learning strategies and other related concepts.
- Master's Degree.
- Teaching or curriculum development.
- 1-3 years' experience coordinating internship or other vocational experiences and/or advising in career development or experiential learning.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Position Status: Part-time, Non-benefited Massachusetts Community College Council (MCCC) position. Grant funded position.
Hours: Flexible daytime hours, primarily during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Salary: 30.91 /hour, not to exceed 936 hours annually.
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: June 3rd, 2020
A cover letter and resume are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Joseph DiMaria, 508-588-9100, x1417, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=122422
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency