This ad is expired.
Military Assistance Specialist I (Online/Remote)
Requisition Number: MILIT005280
Location: Online / RemoteOnline / Remote
Military Assistance Specialist I
American Public University System
The Military Assistance Team Specialist processes military tuition assistance forms, submits veteran's benefits data to the VA, and processes civilian tuition assistance forms within the targeted service level performance goals set by the Department. Advise, counsel, and effectively communicate information regarding benefits available to military and veteran student population. Perform position duties while maintaining compliance with Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) regulations and policy and adhere to FERPA standards.
- Assists with the processing of all military and veterans educational assistance programs to include: military and civilian tuition assistance, veterans benefits (all chapters), and APUS tuition benefits
- Maintains targeted Service Level Performance Goals as established by Military Assistance Management
- Advises and encourages student success and persistence via telephone and email communications within established deadlines
- Provides informational resources and counseling to military and veteran students regarding educational benefits to include military tuition assistance, veteran's benefits, employer benefits, and federal financial aid
- Assists team members with prioritizing departmental work to be completed within established deadlines
- Certifies all chapters of VA benefits, report progress of veteran and military students
- Maintains communication with VA and military, and other 3rd party representatives
- Maintains awareness of compliance regulations and VA & DoD education policies in all aspects of processing student documentation
- Contributes to the continued improvement of the Military Assistance Department through active participation in meetings, training, and professional development opportunities
- Records student interactions and receipt of student documents
- Keeps supervisors and peers aware of project status and completion as well as notable trends in student observation and interaction, in order for supervisors to assess initiatives or changes to current processes as needed
- Other duties as presented, to support our staff and students
- Ability to adapt to and solve problems in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to interact with students and staff in a professional manner
- Ability to understand and apply Military Assistance Policy & Procedure in daily functions
- Ability to multi-task & work independently
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and processes associated with processing of military and veterans benefits
- Intermediate computer & MS Office skills
- Ability to be self-accountable for productivity
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Maintain departmental and individual production goals with an emphasis on quality output
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Maintain flexibility in work requirements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Require minimum supervision and maintain a strong attendance record
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the Military Assistance Department
- Two or more years' experience in customer facing functions, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Basic knowledge of Veterans and Military education programs strongly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Desired individual is self-accountable and detail-orientated, with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required
American Public University System (APUS) is an Online University based in Charles Town, WV. Our company has over 100,000 students. Our emphasis is educating our nation's military and public services communities with quality and affordable education. APUS provides partnership and commitment in helping students realize the dream of a higher education and the opportunities that brings.
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado, California, Washington and NYC Pay Transparency Statement
If you are a resident of Colorado, California, Washington or New York City and this role is available remotely, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=7d0d037e-25d5-49e1-a548-54bae2bf8fd5
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency