Membership Director, KAZU
Classification: Admin Analyst
Department Name: KAZU
Job Number: FP2021-745
Status: Open Until FilledOpen Until Filled
Priority Screening Date: 11/25/2021
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is a non-profit institution that is related and affiliated to the California State University, Monterey Bay. The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is a nonprofit 501(3) public benefits corporation that is a recognized auxiliary organization of California State University and was established in July 1994. The University Corporation's mission is to further the educational purposes of the University. The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a pluralistic university by hiring personnel with competencies and experience related to the regional and State Population. The University Corporation at Monterey is committed to a standard of excellence in the services it provides and in the quality of work expected of its employees. PROGRAM SUMMARY: KAZU 90.3 FM is a public radio station licensed to the University Corporation at Monterey Bay and is located on the CSUMB Campus. POSITION SUMMARY:The Membership Director is responsible for working with the General Manager to recruit and manage station members and data operations. The incumbent will also work with the Business Manager to record and update donations in membership database. Responsibilities also include organizing and filing invoices, pledge forms, and other documents. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct and manage all Membership Services and Fundraising activities
- Manage Collection and recording of all direct mail donations online donations in accordance with policies outlined by Auditors and Corporation Accounting.
- Manage and select membership benefits: Thank You gifts, Movie Club and Major Donor Salon events
- Create and Maintain sustainer retention policies and procedures for rejected credit cards. Follow-up with donors to obtain current information.
- Write all Solicitation Letters to donors for Direct mail campaigns. Select and coordinate mass mailing with automated mailing service.
- Create and develop new direct mail Campaigns including multi-year sustainer upgrade campaign.
- Manage direct mail list for new, lapsed, and existing members.
- Maintain accurate membership records by entering contributions and pledges, program preferences, and contact information using specialized public broadcasting software.
- Serve as back-up Web-Master, as needed, to interface with NPR Digital Services and to transition to new mobile responsive website. Maintain and coordinate new additions and upgrades to KAZU's website.
- Manage Social Media platforms for KAZU
- Responsible for managing Blackbaud's Net Community online donation platform integration with KAZU's website and mobile device optimization.
- Train KAZU student interns in various station functions as needed.
- Assist General Manager in compiling and submitting annual reporting requirements to FCC such as EEO Reports
- Maintain good donor relationships by ensuring timely premium distribution, providing timely responses to member questions, conducting training for phone bank volunteers during pledge events, and developing activities to interact with donors in meaningful ways.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for semiannual pledge drives
- Under General Manager's direction, write scripts for PSAs, Day Sponsors and University events as needed.
- Voice Over Talent for on-air Station Legal Identification and Underwriting on-air announcements as assigned by General Manager.
- Oversee registration and on-site member check-in of monthly Saturday Morning KAZU Movie Club.
- Oversee registration and member check-in of quarterly KAZU Salons.
- Assist and serve as back-up to the Business Manager to include preparation of deposit slips for all revenue received and other tasks as needed,
- Promote KAZU's Salon and Broadcast Circle Membership levels to Major Donors
- Update Station website with Membership Premiums and Pledge Drive information.
- Contributes to the overall success of KAZU by performing all other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains an atmosphere of excellent internal and external customer service within the program and campus community.
- Attends workshops, conferences, and meetings as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Experience working with diverse and multicultural populations and the ability to guide student interns of diverse backgrounds to higher levels of skill development. Ability to manage complex projects, work independently as well as collaboratively, and complete tasks on time. Ability to evaluate and understand all aspects of the membership software. Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills. Ability to present clear and concise information orally and in written reports. Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with administration, faculty, student, and community partners. Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of working with and managing volunteers. Demonstrated proficiency working with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and CRM software programs. Experience in developing marketing and publication materials. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the CSUMB Vision Statement and the core values of mutual respect, collaboration, multiculturalism and diversity, community service, and institutional excellence. Understand/follow oral and written instructions, learn quickly, work independently, be able to multitask; Communicate effectively with co-workers, students, faculty, staff, administrators and the general public; Take responsibility for and manage special projects as assigned; Prioritize work to efficiently complete projects within deadlines; Conduct web- based research. Ability to gather, analyze, and present data. Perform basic math functions including statistical data.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires working on campus with students, staff, and faculty. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. In the fall, students, faculty, staff, and the community can expect that masks will be encouraged and that the appropriate degree of social distancing will be in place in all areas based on evolving guidance. Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to be vaccinated before coming to campus. CSUMB will communicate more information about vaccination requirements and testing protocols when the details become available. Corporation employees will be required to provide their vaccination status through an online portal. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical office environment with standard office and radio equipment and tasks. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to verbally communicate to exchange information, and to occasionally travel to other offices or locations to attend meetings or to pick up or deliver materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university AND 1 year of related experience. Experience with Blackbaud Raisers Edge Net Community and Luminate. Prior experience working in a fundraising or development position. Other experience that demonstrates the requisite skills and abilities, may be substituted for the required education on a year-by-year basis.
Public radio and experience working with volunteers desired. Experience using Raisers Edge is preferred. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the CSUMB Vision Statement. Experience working with a diverse and multicultural population and performing community services.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Demonstrated experience that clearly provides evidence of the knowledge and skills required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements identified above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Must have own transportation, valid drivers license, and auto insurance.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends to meet deadlines or attend required meetings and/or events.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the University Corporation. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University Corporation employees who apply for the position.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER: The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S. This position is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Educations Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Californias Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
Please note: University Corporation employment is separate and distinct from CSU Monterey Bay or State of California employment. University Corporation employees are not employees of either CSUMB or of the state of California.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
University Corporation at Monterey Bay positions are "at-will" employment.
The CSU will require faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or have a qualified exemption. This requirement will be effective at the beginning of the Fall 2021 term. The systemwide policy is currently under development. Selected candidates should be prepared to comply with this requirement. Questions can be sent to: email@example.com.
Compensation and Benefits:
The University Corporation is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students, and the customers we serve. The annual salary range for this position is $66,000-$80,000. This is a non-exempt position and as such is eligible for the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, contributory retirement plan, TSA (403b), 13 paid holidays per year and other benefits.
The University Corporation at Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing: https://csumb.edu/corporation/employee-housing
Although CSUMB is located in a high-cost housing area, Schoonover Park rental homes are affordably priced. Monthly rent rates include cable television, garbage service, and sewer. Convenient floorplans, attractive interior appointments, and numerous community amenities make Schoonover Park Rental Homes an exceptional value. Schoonover Park is near the main campus, yet a tranquil world away. The community lies nestled in the secluded beauty of rolling coastal hills three miles east of campus. Living in one of the most desirable areas of California, you will enjoy the natural splendor and cultural abundance of the Monterey Peninsula. Quality of life begins with your home in Schoonover Park, and extends through every aspect of your California coastal lifestyle.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/6624
A completed online application and resume must be received by the University Corporation Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screen date listed above to be guaranteed a review. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the Corporation.
For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389, or TTD (800) 735 2929. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library (map) or our Student Service Center - first floor ( map). For additional campus information visit CSUMB.edu. For information regarding the University Corporation visit https://csumb.edu/corporation/.
The University Corporation is not a sponsoring agency for any positions.
The Corporation hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at https://csumb.edu/clery.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency