Job Opening ID: 185959
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Histocompatibility
Posting Begin/End Date: 3/26/2020 4/02/2020
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Medical Technology
Pathology / Laboratory Services
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Perform Histocompatibility testing which may include DNA extraction, SSOP, sequencing, SSP, Luminex antibody screening, donor specific antibody testing, and flow crossmatch.
- Perform UNET listings.
- Analyze and result date appropriately and accurately.
- Participate in PT testing and perform quality control and function verification/preventive maintenance on instruments.
- Participate in on-call for deceased donor virtual crossmatches.
- Share responsibilities for continuous workflow in all areas trained.
- Opportunity to train in leukemia/lymphoma and/or T&B subset quantitation.
- Adhere to established laboratory procedures and policies.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process and continuing education for lab personnel.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or biological science is required as well as certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist or eligible to be certified.
Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a clinical histocompatibility laboratory is desired
This position is located in Pathology at NCRC, 2800 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor.
$3000 signing bonus available.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/185959/medical_technologist
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency