This ad is expired.
Maintenance Mechanic Instructor (Career & Technology Center) - Extended Filing Deadline
State Center Community College District
Campus Location: Career & Technology Center
Start Date: 03/12/2018
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 22,000 students in which 56% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are Black/African American, 22% are White, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
The instructor will be responsible for:
- Instructing and providing experiences to prepare students with knowledge and skills for entry level employment as an industrial maintenance mechanic. Subjects include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Electrical fundamentals
- High voltage industrial electrical systems and motor control
- Electrical schematic reading
- Hydraulic/pneumatic fundamentals
- Hydraulic/pneumatic components
- Hydraulic/pneumatic schematic reading and troubleshooting
- Machine shop fundamentals including lathes, mills, and drill press
- Fundamentals of welding in the flat position
- General mechanical subjects including hand tools, threads and fasteners, oils and lubrication, pipes and fittings, belt drives, and bearings and seals.
- Electrical fundamentals
- Participating in program review, including student learning outcome development and assessment, to improve student learning;
- Attending departmental, division, and faculty meetings including workshops;
- Serving on staff/college/district committees and contributing through appropriate committee assignments;
- Recruiting and advising students;
- Consulting with local industries to maintain relevancy of the course to the general needs of the local industrial community;
- Participating in departmental co-curricular activities such as clubs and related events;
- Organizing and maintaining an active advisory committee;
- Assisting in the advancement of the institution's mission and goals; and
- Maintaining standards of professional conduct and other duties and responsibilities of instructional staff as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
The teaching assignment includes day, evening, and weekend assignments.
- Any bachelors degree and two years of professional experience; OR
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience; OR
- A valid California Community College Credential; OR
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Extent of knowledge and recent experience applicable to teaching courses in industrial maintenance mechanic program including, but not limited to, subjects in electricity, hydraulics/pneumatics, welding, machining, including lathes, mills and drill presses and other mechanical subjects.
- Extent of work or professional experience related to industrial maintenance mechanic area.
- Extent of experience working with students of various cultural backgrounds.
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized student in the classroom, and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusion of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes.
- Willingness to examine and remediate ones relational practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized student.
- Knowledge of the colleges missions and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present the technical material involved in industrial maintenance mechanic program.
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth.
Conditions of Employment:
177 - 205 duty days per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $54,029 $94,210 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement. From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview. The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the ecommended candidates. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and College President for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval. State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants. For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900. For information on the Career & Technology Center, Fresno City College, or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 2968. Submission of application and related materials is the applicants responsibility and must be submitted through the districts online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency