This ad is expired.
Logistical Services Manager
Job no: 506316
Work type: Management (MPP)
Location: Monterey Bay
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Custodial/Facilities, Full Time
Classification: Administrator I
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Commensurate with Experience
FTE / Hours: 1.0 or 40 hours per week
Open until filled. Application Review Begins Friday, November 12, 2021.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. The university's Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Facilities Services and Operations, the Logistical Services Manager provides direct supervision and management of the Shipping and Receiving, Moving Services, Material Control Center, Mail and Delivery Services operations. This position is responsible for all aspects of planning and execution of logistical support and setup for numerous University events, including commencements, luncheons, receptions, and other events that promote ongoing relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff, and donors. The Incumbent also ensures that assigned employees accurately collects, sorts, and distributes campus mail and packaged materials in accordance with U.S. Postal Service regulations and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Shipping and Receiving, Materials Control Center, and Moving Services:
- Manages the daily operations of Shipping and Receiving and Moving Services. Effectively communicates and coordinates activities in order to eliminate redundant functions and to ensure all requirements are met.
- Plans specific work assignments, and ensures that all aspects of the assignments are supported, including work schedules, equipment, supplies and materials to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Oversees implementation of the CSUMB Injury and Illness Prevention Plan within the Facilities Department, and creates a climate that considers every job from a safety perspective first.
- Analyzes and reports on operational effectiveness to support continuous improvement.
- Supervises assigned personnel in all areas, and ensure they are performing their duties as outlined in the Job Description.
- Assists in preparing and managing the annual Shipping and Receiving budget.
- Review all work orders in the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Mail and Delivery Services:
1. Manages the daily operations of Mail and Delivery services. Effectively communicates and coordinates activities in order to eliminate redundant functions and to ensure all requirements are met.
2. Plans specific work assignments, and ensuring that all aspects of the assignments are supported, including work schedules, equipment, supplies and materials to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
3. Assists in preparing and managing the budget for mail and delivery services.
4. Supervises personnel in all areas, and ensure they are performing their duties as outlined in the Job Description.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Attend weekly meetings with the campus Conference & Events Coordinators to review all upcoming events and requirements to coordinate services (e.g., Moves and Set-Ups).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Independently administers and manages the activities of personnel, Shipping and Receiving, Material Control Center, and Campus Mail Center. Supervises personnel, conducts performance evaluations, inspects completed work, and makes commendations and recommendations for counseling or reprimand. Performs various shipping and receiving, archive, material handling, mail services and warehouse functions as needed. Works with various constituencies to improve services and resolve problems; maintains continuing contact with faculty, staff, students, and campus administrators to identify needs and expectations, coordinates services and support, and determines the level of customer satisfaction with the services provided. Works with and through other people to accomplish the objectives of the organization and its members and represents the department to all levels of the campus.
Responsible for assessing issues and situations, defining goals and objectives, developing strategies to achieve the goals and objectives, determining the required resources, organizing, directing, and controlling the activities required to attain the goals, and motivating staff to achieve results. Responsible for a thorough and accurate accounting of time and materials; completion of routine work assignments and performance of additional duties as assigned; consistently meeting university needs in a timely and professional manner; follow-up on projects or tasks to ensure that all items are completed to the satisfaction of upper management; maintains responsible attendance records, punctuality and consistent meeting of deadlines; and a positive and cooperative working relationship with members of the department and campus community. Continuously promotes a customer-oriented environment and promotes and maintains a safe working environment.
Experience with record-keeping, tracking, labeling and storage, warehousing, stocking and distribution of materials and supplies. Demonstrated experience and effective supervisory and leadership skills in directing and managing a diverse workforce involved in the delivery of business services (e.g. mail distribution, shipping and receiving, material management, etc.).
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook to communicate and complete work assignments. Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of individuals at all levels in the organization. Demonstrate drive and initiative, be self-confident, and able to work with minimum supervision.
The ideal candidate in this role should have a positive attitude, an active, energetic mind, and a leadership style that is characterized by highly ethical practices and a commitment to diversity, openness, flexibility, integrity, and kindness.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university and/or the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving the study, analysis, evaluation, development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices or programs with a minimum of approximately five years related experience in management or supervision of a large warehouse, shipping and receiving department, mail center, or similar environment, preferably in a college or university setting.
Knowledge of Shipping and Receiving, Mail Services, Material Management and archive functions. Knowledge of U.S. Postal Service regulations and procedures. Knowledge and experience working in a collective bargaining environment including conflict resolution and grievance administration. Experience in a university or other educational setting preferred but not required. Experience using barcoding and scanning equipment.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with responsibility for the care, safety and security of people (including children and minors), animals and CSU property; authority to commit financial resources of the university through contracts greater than $10,000; access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information; access to controlled or hazardous substances; responsibility for operating commercial vehicles, machinery or equipment that could pose environmental hazards or cause injury, illness, or death; and responsibility for operating commercial vehicles, machinery or equipment that could pose environmental hazards or cause injury, illness, or death.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and will be required to participate in annual training and to immediately forward to the Clery Director all reports of crimes brought to their attention pursuant to the Clery Act and California State Education Code, Chapter 16, of the Donahue Higher Education Act, Section 67380.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
There are components of this job which are deemed essential on campus. This position will primarily work on the main campus, with occasional work from home. This position requires working on campus with students. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. In the fall, students, faculty, staff, and the community can expect that masks will be required and that the appropriate degree of social distancing will be in place in all areas based on evolving guidance. Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to be vaccinated before coming to campus. All community members who work or attend class on campus should expect to participate in a random or periodic testing system. CSUMB will communicate more information about vaccination requirements and testing protocols when the details become available.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
Employees are required to comply with COVID-19 requirements. For the CSUMB's most current masking and vaccination requirements please visit: https://csumb.edu/health/coronavirus-information/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, visit https://careers.csumb.edu/en-us/job/506316/logistical-services-manager
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency