Hospital Teacher (TEMP)
Job Opening ID: 184879
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: CW Child & Family Life
Posting Begin/End Date: 3/26/2020 4/30/2020
Paid Time Off:
Michigan Medicine's C.S. Mott Children's Hospital School Program is seeking a Certified Teacher for a temporary, part-time (24 hrs/wk) position to provide educational support and direct instruction for hospitalized patients at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. The hospital school program has an immediate opening for a teacher to cover Tuesday, Thursday and one additional weekday through August 2020.
The hospital teacher's primary role will involve scheduling and providing instructional sessions for patients as well as completing documentation of patient progress towards educational goals. The hospital teacher will also be responsible for meeting with patients and families to discuss educational concerns during their hospitalization and communicating educational updates with schools.
- Current teacher certification.
- Experience in a school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Experience in a hospital setting or teaching children with chronic medical needs.
- Experience implementing strategies and interventions as well as planning instructional lessons for a wide variety of learners.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/184879/hospital_teacher_temp
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency