Fiscal Technician 3 - Athletics
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern Washington University, a regional, comprehensive public university with an enrollment of over 10,000 students, is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington, each governed by its own board of trustees. EWUs 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 12,000 residents 16 miles southwest of Washingtons second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the innovative, energy-efficient Catalyst building and at Riverpoint, a campus shared with Washington State University. In addition, EWU programs can be found at select locations throughout the state, aligned with the needs of the community. Eastern contributes to the vitality of the region and the state through its wide array of bachelors and masters degrees in over 100 fields of study, as well as applied doctorates in physical therapy and educational leadership, offering accessible pathways to career success and personal development to students of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Fiscal Technician 3. This position will assist the Associate Athletic Director for Business and Finance in preparing and administering the annual athletic department budget to include daily processing and tracking of athletic department transactions, daily reconciliation and depositing of department revenue, monthly reconciliation of all athletic department accounts, preparation of all travel advances and requests, and identify areas of concern where overspending may take place.
- On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 11 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
- High school diploma, or GED certificate
- Fifteen quarter hours or ten semester hours of college-level accounting or bookkeeping and two years of full-time experience as a Fiscal Technician or equivalent including experience using accounting related software. An Associate of Arts Degree, or equivalent, in accounting or business may substitute for one year of required experience.
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification registration.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field.
- Experience using accounting-related software
- Previous work experience in the field of NCAA intercollegiate athletics at the Division I level.
- Experience working in Banner.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
% of Time: 60
Responsibility / Duty: Monitor travel advances, purchasing expenditures, and all Athletic Department accounting procedures in accordance with Eastern Washington University guidelines and regulations.
Prepare travel requests, authorizations, advances and post-trip reconciliations for approximately 50 coaches and staff members and over 300 student-athletes; timely reporting of athletic department CTA Travel Card each month to both Associate Athletic Director and EWU Travel Department.
Assist the Associate Athletic Director in preparing the annual Athletic Department budget and submitting it to the Athletic Director for review and approval.
Maintain accounts and records; assist Associate Athletic Director by entering authorized fiscal transactions; compile and prepare periodic fiscal statements and reports. Prepare, verify and process final documents such as vouchers, purchase requests, invoices, receipts, payroll forms and bank deposit verifications based on previous authorizations by Associate Athletic Director or Athletic Director.
Assist Associate Athletic Director in internal and external special reporting requests (i.e., Board of Trustees, internal audits, annual external audit, EADA, media, collegiate surveys, etc.)
Assist with the management of the Athletic Department operating budget to control expenditures and with the development of reliable projections of revenue and expenses to insure budget objectives are met.
Insure proper application of NCAA and Big Sky conference rules and regulations as they relate to financial affairs of the Athletic program within defined parameters.
With the Associate Athletic Director, provide recommendations to the Athletic Director regarding measures to control expenditures and prevent overspending.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
% of Time: 25
Responsibility / Duty: Assist in planning and administration of selected special events sponsored by athletic department and other departmental activities as assigned by the director.
Provide financial and business assistance in the execution of any external special events including, but not limited to, the Orland Killin Dinner, Dance & Auction, Ron Raver Memorial Golf Classic, Football Military Jersey Auction, and various sport-specific donor cultivation events.
Assist in processing of post-event financial reports from external events; include feedback of improvements needed from an operational standpoint.
At the discretion of the Associate Athletic Director, assist in the operations of the athletic ticket office during times of heavy traffic.
Provide assistance at any athletic contests as needed; includes nights and weekends if necessary.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
% of Time: 15
Responsibility / Duty: Maintain fleet of athletic owned vehicles from the State of Washington and ensure all processing of necessary reports and paperwork.
Liaise with other EWU departments and maintain positive working relationships. Areas include, but are not limited to, Accounting, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Travel Accounting and Human Resources.
Oversee all aspects of department phone system and cellular phone plan; work with EWU Telecom as needed.
Assist in the on-boarding of new employees and off-boarding of departing employees.
Maintain and schedule Outlook Calendar for the AVP/Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
Conditions of Employment:
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check priorto beginning employment.
- All new employees must comply with EWU immunization Policy 602-02 and provide proof of immunity or vaccination to MMR and proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning work at EWU. Waivers for the immunization requirements are available for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Exemption Information link: https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/
- This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Salary Information: $37,920 - $46,776
Posting Date: 11/22/2022
Open Until Further Notice: No
Screening to Begin: 12/5/2022
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/9747
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency