This ad is expired.
- Financial Aid Data Analyst (Data Analyst 1)
- Go to our website »
Financial Aid Data Analyst (Data Analyst 1)
Work Type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Information Technology
Under the supervision of the Associate Director - Office Operations, the successful candidate will gather, organize, and analyze student data surrounding the functions of financial aid. This position will have primary responsibility with federal, state, and ad hoc reporting that fulfills regulatory requirements, impacts rankings, and assists our student populations. Such research and analysis contribute to decisions on merit scholarships and financial aid packages in a manner that fulfills institutional mission and goals. This person will provide strategic data analysis, monitor strategic metrics, develop, and facilitate the tracking of leading performance indicators in the Office of Student Financial Aid Services. The Financial Aid Data Analyst will ensure that data is stored, managed, analyzed, and used correctly and strategically across financial aid. This individual will need to create and enforce data policies that are accurate and effective and assist others with day-to-day data retrieval activities to ensure the consistency and accuracy of reporting. An ideal candidate is meticulous and demonstrates key attention to detail. It is also someone who is a true collaborator that is capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment and leads by example. This is a full-time and in-person position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly perform data extraction, manipulation, analysis, and interpretation of findings/results to prepare institutional responses to external and internal inquiries ("ad hoc" requests).
- Provide data and analytic support. Conduct strategic data analysis, identify insights and implications from financial aid data and make strategic recommendations to senior staff.
- Collaborate with institutional partners to gather relevant data from various systems and databases in a manner that fulfills the needs for statistical analyses.
- Work with ITS and OIRE to ensure appropriate and reliable methods to store and retrieve relevant financial aid data.
- Collaborate with staff in EPM and various other UConn departments involved in financial aid research and analysis.
- Utilize statistical analyses and data management tools, including SPSS, STATS, SAS, R analytics, SQL, Python, Excel, and/or other emerging technologies, to complete analyses of data.
- Prepare written summaries, tables, charts, and graphs to illustrate the results of analyses.
- Support training programs in EPM focused on developing proficiency in interpreting and utilizing data.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in data analytics or statistics.
- One year of relevant experience with data analysis and reporting, business intelligence, and SQL programming.
- Experience with the data analysis platforms SPSS, SATA, R, SAS Python, and Excel.
- Proficiency with enterprise information and reporting systems, statistics, data analysis, and working with large data sets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact productively with a diverse group of colleagues.
- Experience working with data related to higher education.
- Experience building linear regression models.
- Experience with data visualization software.
- Experience working with data related to higher education finance.
This is a full-time, in-person permanent position. Starting salary is $61,302 and includes a comprehensive benefits package. The position is based at the University's main campus in Storrs, CT. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496959 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on April 28, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Application Close: Apr 28 2023
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.uconn.edu/en-us/job/496959/financial-aid-data-analyst-data-analyst-1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency