This ad is expired.
- Finance System Analyst- Procurement and Asset Management
- Go to our website »
Finance System Analyst- Procurement and Asset Management
Job No: 527019
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Probationary
Collective Bargaining Unit: CSUEU -Unit 9
Job Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
Classification Salary Range: $5,022 - $9,083 per month
Anticipated Hiring Amount: $5,022 - $5,172 per month
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Recruitment Closing Date: May 25, 2023
The primary function of the Strategic Sourcing and Support Services Department is to procure supplies, equipment, and materials through organized and collaborative approaches leveraging a targeted spend approach and directing suppliers in a manner that achieves costs savings across the University and supports the teaching and learning environment in a Polytechnic higher education institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- P-Card Administrator and Auditor
- Training for new users and ongoing support - approximately 300 active cardholders, 900-1500 Transactions, and $200K to $500K per monthly cycle
- Update card limits, resolve declined charges
- Maintenance - add new users, deactivate accounts, manage account limits
- Work with technical support and/or bank Account Manager for issues, questions
- Review for required use tax, assets, prohibited purchases, justifications where required, missing or insufficient documents, split charges, etc.
- Prepare and submit monthly journal entries to Accounting
- Function as the lead and prime contact for Strategic Sourcing and Support Services Applications. (PeopleSoft, web and desktop applications, and others)
- Identify, develop, plan, and implement procurement program objectives and enhancements.
- Develop and conduct end-user training, test releases, coordinate troubleshooting, and generate reports.
- Provide on-going support for Strategic Sourcing and Support Services applications.
- Act as the liaison between the user community, department, l&IT Enterprise Applications, and other applications as requested.
- Develop, generate, and analyze high level and complex reports as required.
- Analyze and resolve data and system related issues in conjunction with Finance staff and technical support staff on campus or at the Chancellor's Office.
- Ensure integrity of acclimations and data stored in the systems.
- Process Management for PeopleSoft Procurement and PeopleSoft Asset Management.
- Develop and implement best practice business processes and determine methods and systems to meet organizational goals.
- Interpret policies and procedures to develop and recommend the best course of action to prevent and/or resolve operational problems while ensuring compliance to University, CSU, State and Federal regulations.
- Perform market and cost analyses, needs assessments, development, and implementation of new and/or enhanced services offered by the Strategic Sourcing and Support Services.
- Lead quality and continuous improvement efforts involving in-depth data analysis and data collection (surveys, benchmarking, focus groups, etc.).
- Lead fit/gap evaluation and analysis for all new applications.
- Research, Develop, Maintain and Support additional applications in support of Strategic Sourcing and Support Services - Support Systems.
- Collaborate with user departments, PSS, and l&IT to develop processes and solutions for items like electronic requisitioning, workflow opportunities, and other applications.
- Analyze business processes for opportunities to convert manual processes to electronic process and apply workflow where possible
- Develop end user training and documentation for the recommended processes create and design innovative and new approaches and solutions to Strategic Sourcing and Support Services operations.
- Maintain Customer/Supplier/Peer Relationships.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers with prompt and accurate responses to their inquiries and concerns.
- Provide training in correct procurement process procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Strategic Sourcing and Support Services, Accounts Payable, Distribution Services and Instructional and Information Technology staff members, and representatives of academic departments.
- Provide systematic ongoing training for Buyers, Asset Management, Receiving, etc.
- Serve as expert functional resource for Procurement staff.
- Bachelor's degree AND/OR the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- 4 years of related work experience
Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations; demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management; expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies. Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions; ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations; demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups; ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus; ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
- Equivalent to 3 years of increasingly responsible purchasing experience
- Designation as a Certified Purchasing Management (C.P.M.) from the Institute for Supply Management is highly desirable.
- Strong familiarity with PeopleSoft or other procurement and asset management software.
- Ability to use a computer for word processing, spreadsheets, and data entry.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally, in writing and via presentations.
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs Credit Card Administration Experience Increasingly responsible purchasing experience of which two years must have involved major aspects of the purchasing function.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of purchasing. Ability to collect and analyze complex data.
- Ability to provide leadership.
- Thorough knowledge of complex integrated financial system (PeopleSoft) or other Procurement and Asset Management software.
- Experience with reporting tools such as PeopleSoft Query.
- Experience with Credit Card administration, processes, analysis, journal entries Experience with Procurement systems Proficient in Excel
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Out of State Work
The California State University (CSU) system is a network of twenty-three public universities providing access to a quality education through the support of California taxpayers. Part of CSU's mission is to prepare educated, responsible individuals to contribute to California's schools, economy, culture, and future. As an agency of the State of California, the CSU's business operations almost exclusively reside within California. The CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/v2/policy/10899725/latest/.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. Cal Poly Pomona will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current Cal Poly Pomona employee who was conditionally offered the position. See policy at https://www.cpp.edu/eoda/employee-labor//documents/employment-policies/hr2017-17.pdf.
I-9: Employment Verification
Cal Poly Pomona hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
Child Abuse/Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA)
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/v2/policy/10927154/latest/.
Cal Poly Pomona is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal Poly Pomona Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.cpp.edu/campus-safety-plan.shtml.
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at ADACoordinator@cpp.edu. More information is available at: https://www.cpp.edu/eoda/employee-labor//access-accommodations/index.shtml.
Cal Poly Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The university subscribes to the pay transparency nondiscrimination provision and all state and federal regulations that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. More information is available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf and at https://www.cpp.edu/eoda/employee-labor/documents/aa-eeo-doc/policy-statement_2022-aap-for-california-state-polytechnic-university-pomona_confidential_20220127.pdf.
Advertised: April 25, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: May 25, 2023 (4:45 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/po/en-us/job/527019/finance-system-analyst-procurement-and-asset-management
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency