This ad is expired.
Executive Assistant, Student Services
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 12/26/18 4:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $49,034.00 - $67,713.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: South Seattle College: 6000 16th Avenue SW, Seattle, Washington
Student Services at South Seattle College (SSC) is a dynamic, growing and responsive division at one of the most diverse colleges in the state.
Our mission statement is: "We empower our diverse student population to achieve their academic, career, and personal goals. As a network of student services professionals, we value: Community, Equity, Excellence, Innovation, and Student Success." The Executive Assistant (EA) position is a full-time, exempt position at SSC reporting to the Vice President of Student Services (VPSS). The position provides confidential and administrative support to the VPSS including developing, implementing, and managing projects as assigned. This is a high volume and high traffic position in a high profile environment. The EA also directly supports and, manages the student conduct process according to state and district policies and procedures under the direction of the VPSS. The EA serves as the intermediary between the VPSS departments as well as between the rest of the College, District, and community.
This position both supports and represents the VPSS through an impeccable level of service and support, as well as a steadfast dedication to equity and desire to positively impact the lives of South's diverse student body.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
This is a non-represented, civil service exempt position.
- Provide direct confidential, administrative and strategic support to the Vice President, including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings and managing appointments; writing and sending correspondence on behalf of the Vice President; tracking and reconciling budgets; recording minutes; making travel arrangements and processing travel documents; and representing and/or communicating on behalf of the Vice President at meetings and conferences.
- Develop, implement, track, and manage numerous and various projects as assigned by the Vice President.
- Using sound judgment, respond verbally and/or in writing to requests regarding institutional policies, guidelines, and procedures (especially regarding student conduct and other student compliance) and effectively resolve or refer such inquiries in a manner consistent with the division mission and the College mission, values, and policies.
- Support the student conduct process through managing and coordinating timely communication in accordance with college procedures; supporting investigations; and in Title IX related cases make direct referrals to campus services and resources; together with the VPSS and Security director, manage and coordinate the intake and monitoring of Registered Sex Offenders per district policies.
- Provide coordinating support and facilitation to the Care Team, South's behavioral intervention team.
- Exercise judgment in solving unusual or sensitive administrative problems consistent with the objectives and policies of the college and unique to the VPSS office.
- Serve as the intermediary between the Vice President and all Student Services departments as well as between the rest of the College, the District, and the community.
- Interact extensively with senior management and their staff throughout the campus and across the district, and with external agencies with tact and diplomacy.
- Prepare, review, and process business and financial documents, including new hire forms, payroll forms, travel, budget and expenditure forms, etc.
- Maintain formal documentation for Student Services policies and procedures and provide information/instructions and/or respond to inquiries regarding Student Services and the College
- Process and maintain appropriate files and records, adhering to record retention guidelines of such documents as student conduct cases and files for students subject to reporting compliance requirements
- Organize and facilitate special events, retreats, meetings and trainings, including serving on the district graduation planning committee.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative support or managerial experience or project management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including professional writing, editing, note-taking, and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook and demonstrate comfort with technology and software systems.
- Works and carries out assignments under pressure with short deadlines and/or frequent interruptions
- Ability to analyze data and draw accurate conclusions
- Direct experience successfully managing and tracking budgets
- Ability to write and speak effectively, establish, and maintain cooperative relations with others, and coordinate and supervise the work of subordinate personnel
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and diversity, and understand how to effectively serve and interact with diverse populations with a high degree of comfort and confidence.
- Knowledge of student conduct, higher education law, or transferable skills in other adjudicative processes.
To apply, visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sccd/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=2285366
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency