Exec Secretary to Chief Compliance Officer
Job Opening ID: 171886
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Exec Vp Med Affairs
Department: UMHS Compliance - Shared Srvcs
Posting Begin/End Date: 8/12/2019 8/30/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Administration
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Who We Are
A cover letter must accompany your resume.
The Executive Secretary acts as the personal assistant to the Chief Compliance Officer for Michigan Medicine. Our role is to help Michigan Medicine recognize, understand, and reduce compliance risks issues. We believe that achieving and sustaining compliance requires knowing the organization's needs, communicating to every individual, making right choices easy, and frequently checking and adjusting our approach.
Our four primary categories of work are to:
- Conduct reviews to substantiate and measure compliance risk
- Undertake projects aimed at reducing the most severe compliance risks
- Monitor the management of compliance risks by operational owners
- Resolve compliance-related questions and concerns raised by Michigan Medicine workforce, legal and assurance partners
The Executive Secretary will represent the Corporate Compliance Office in a professional and courteous manner at all times. As a trusted personal assistant to the Chief Compliance Officer, they will provide high-level, pro-active support for the Chief Compliance Officer including scheduling, the gathering of data and agenda item materials for departmental and institutional meetings. Coordinate sensitive issues by preparing and editing letters and documents; creating complex presentation materials and providing meeting summaries, meeting material and agenda content tracking and preparation. Capture key decisions and ensure dissemination of meeting minutes, tracking action items and decisions made, and generating necessary follow-up correspondence to ensure work is completed as appropriate.
Provide complex calendar management, exercising discretion and judgment to analyze and appropriately prioritize complicated and challenging schedules; respond to frequent changes in schedules; screen the purpose of meeting requests; set priorities when there is a conflict; obtain information with regard to the meeting and provide background information needed for meetings.
Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries, including air, hotel, ground transportation, meals and visa applications when necessary. On occasion when parking is an issue, drive and pick up the Chief Compliance Officer from their meetings.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of experience of high level support to a CEO, senior executive or officer, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Detail oriented, while able to seize the big picture
- Thinks strategically when appropriate
- Applies new knowledge to subsequent work
- Proficient in business writing and presentations
- Adheres to agreed-upon priorities, manages time accordingly
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, able to gather critical information
- Demonstrated ability to capture key elements and decisions points, supported by good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Can effectively task-switch among a number of active projects, reviews, requests, etc.
- Effective team player, able to manage stress and positively shape his/her environment
- Experience working in healthcare, especially academic medical centers or other large healthcare delivery organizations
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine or University of Michigan
- Preferred knowledge of basic project management
- Desired experience of drafting communications
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/171886/exec_secretary_to_chief_compliance_officer
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency