California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 503355
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
The department of Special Events and Guest Services coordinates all external reservations, and internal reservations for state facilities, for both indoor and outdoor spaces, at both San Bernardino and Palm Desert campuses. Additionally, Special Events and Guest Services oversee Coussoulis Arena Event Management and Commencement.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Special Events, the PDC Event Specialist's job duties include:
- Providing project leadership that contributes to the completion of simple and complex events.
- Managing internal processes - Responsible for building effective communications and relations with a wide cross-section of the campus community to assure that events conducted are well planned and that affiliated campus offices are engaged and aware of their role. As outside vendors and off-campus sites are a major component of special events programming, this position serves as the campus leader in knowing regional resources and building and developing relations with vendors.
- Managing pre-event preparation and on-site program execution. Oversight of internal and external campus bookings and rentals. Maintains and manages campus inventory of events supplies.
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt, Probationary with the possibility of converting to permanent.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on September 27th, 2021.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
- Experience using EMS (scheduling software).
- General knowledge of event practices.
- Ability to work with a highly diverse population including off-campus clients.
- Possess investigative and analytical skills to resolve problems with broad administrative impact and implications.
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate standard office equipment and technology including, but not limited to, desktop computer, laptop, copier, fax machine, scanner, and printer.
- Demonstrated proficiency and ability to effectively use common computer and technology programs and related computer software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, etc.) in the course of assigned duties.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs, PLUS two years of related experience.
- Experience using EMS, People Soft, and Social Tables (or similar events scheduling and other software programs).
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,900 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,897 - $7,051 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to furthering knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experiences. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. In addition to a personal commitment and involvement, the president may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to effectively implement this statement's philosophy and intent.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements outlined in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require filing a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency