The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic institution of higher education, enrolling more than 4,200 students. Located in the City of Albany, the heart of New York State's Capital Region, the College is a private, independent, coeducational institution, defined by dedicated faculty, administrators, and staff, all focused on transforming the lives of our students. Through a strong liberal education curriculum, and professional programs, Saint Rose serves four-year and transfer students and working professionals in undergraduate, graduate degree and advanced certificate programs in four academic schools: Arts and Humanities; Business; Education; and Mathematics and Sciences. The College is preparing to celebrate its Centennial in 2020 with the launch of the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan which focuses on global connectedness, student success and fostering creativity and innovation.
Guided by our founders and continuing sponsors, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet, the College is proud of its mission of service to the urban community. As an institution that values inclusion, we seek to attract and employ individuals who reflect the cultural diversity found within our student body, and across the nation and globe.
Reporting to the Chair of the Music Department, the Collaborative Pianist performs as the lead accompanist for rehearsals, recitals, collegiate ensembles, faculty members and related departmental duties serving the students and faculty of College's Music Department. This is a full time Academic Year position.
- Accompany rehearsals and performances for major ensembles
- Accompany other music ensembles on an as needed basis
- Accompany weekly repertoire classes and for department convocations and juries as needed
- Accompany Music Department Auditions for incoming Freshmen throughout the academic year
- Accompany faculty or guest performers as needed for Master Classes, faculty performances, etc.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned based on departmental need and candidate's expertise
- Bachelor's degree in piano performance, collaborative piano, or related field required; a Master's degree or advanced artist diploma preferred.
- Experience in choral and general accompanying experience is required.
- Evidence of excellence in music reading skills and ability to play open score.
- Evidence of successful collaborative work with soloists and chamber musicians.
- Demonstrated strong technical and musical skills as a performer.
- Demonstrated acquaintance with a variety of musical styles.
This is a full time, Academic Year (10-month: late August-mid May) position. 40 hours a week schedule.
Anticipated hire date is January 2018.
In addition to a competitive salary, compensation includes comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan for employees and eligible dependents, a 403B based retirement plan and wellness programs including the use of our fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other condition established by law.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency