This ad is expired.
COUNSELOR - GENERAL - TENURED TRACK
Grossmont/Cuyamaca Community College District
Posting Number: 17-00039
Department: C - Counseling & Guidance
Months: 11 Month
Pay Grade Level: $58,301 (Class I, Step 6) - $112,249 (VII, Step 30)
Starting Pay Rate: $58,301 (Class I, Step 6) - $88,539 (VII, Step 10)
Work Hours: Shift Differntial: None
Shift Differntial: None
Required Applicant Documents: Resume Cover Letter Transcript 1 Supplemental Materials 1
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants, interested in applying to this position must submit all required application materials by the closing deadline, including a Application, Resume, Cover Letter that addresses how the applicant meets the requirements, of the position, transcripts AND the Supplemental Materials I. CLICK HERE FOR SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS 1.
Closing Date: 3-5-2018
Under administrative leadership, the position will be responsible for providing counseling services for the general student population. Regular/ contract counselors participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of the students and support advancement of the visions, missions and values of the college and District. This position may include a combination of day and evening assignments, and is being offered by a college strongly committed to the "open door" concept serving diverse student population. Counselors will be expected to perform other duties consistent with their faculty job description as stated in the faculty contract.
The General Counselor provides academic, vocational, career and personal counseling. The counselor teaches counseling courses, leads workshops, orientations and seminars; assists in developing and implementing necessary retention programs for at risk students to meet the needs and support the advancement of the vision, mission and values of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District.
The counselor assumes responsibility for maintaining currency in the field and for assisting in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes; program review and planning and participating in department activities.
Contract counselors participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses and other experiences that result in the educational growth of the students. The counselor will be expected to actively participate on campus and the broader community by serving on departmental and college committees and taking a leadership role in campus, community, and professional organizations. This position may include a combination of day and evening assignments. Cuyamaca College is strongly committed to providing open access and serving a diverse student population. Counselors will be expected to perform other duties consistent with their faculty job description as stated in the AFT contract available at: http://www.gcccd.edu/human-resources/labor-contracts.html
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: APPLICANTS MUST MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
1) Master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling; OR
2) Bachelor's degree in any of the above and a license as a Marriage, Family, and Child Counselor; OR
3) Current California Community College Credential that permits full-time service as a Counselor; OR
4) The equivalent. If you are applying based on "the equivalent", you must complete a Full-Time Academic Equivalency Form as part of the application procedures.
Note: If applying under an Equivalency, you MUST submit additional EQUIVALENCY MATERIALS. Your application will be incomplete until all Equivalency Materials are received.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must demonstrate:
1) Experience and proficiency in educational, career, and personal counseling at a community college, university, or clinical setting.
2) Training and experience working with individuals and groups in providing personal and crisis counseling.
3) Experience advising students on transfer to four-year institutions.
4) Ability to use technology in providing counseling services.
5) Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of, community college students with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds as well as students with disabilities.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1) A strong foundation of training and experience in academic counseling practice and a record of excellence in counseling students in a community college setting.
2) Evident experience and vision in the use, design, and/or integration of technology in the delivery of counseling systems and services.
3) Ability to provide leadership and support for college-wide and department-based student success efforts and initiatives.
4) Evident teaching experience, particularly in courses with content related to student success, personal development, adult development and/or career development
5) Experience working with and ability to counsel students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic, sexual orientation and disability backgrounds.
6) Strong public speaking skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
7) Familiarity with the California Education Code and Community College programs and policies/duties, particularly Student Support and Success requirements.
Bi-lingual skills preferred.
Experience that demonstrates active participation in community and professional organizations and institutions of higher education.
Other Licenses and Certifications:
General Employment Information:
Information provided by the applicant, other than that requested for statistical purposes by the Employment Services Office, which indicates candidate's gender, age, ethnicity, religious preference, etc. will be removed from the application. All submitted materials become District property and cannot be returned.
BENEFITS: The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District provides an excellent comprehensive benefits program including medical, prescription drugs, vision care, dental, life and income protection insurance, and membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) or the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
Candidates invited for interview who must travel distances greater than 75 miles (one-way) outside San Diego County will be reimbursed up to $250 for travel or airfare only.
NOTE: Offers of employment are contingent upon successful pre-placement physicals and fingerprint clearance. A $32.00 processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required. Employee's must also sign up for Payroll Direct Deposit.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act due to a disability and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing, please notify the District Employment Services Department. Phone (619) 644-7639.
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Posting Date: 02-08-2018
Date Job Commences: ASAP
To apply, visit: https://jobs.gcccd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51937
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District (GCCCD) is committed to providing learning and working environments that ensure and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, socioeconomic levels, cultures, and abilities are valued, welcomed, and included in all aspects of our organization. GCCCD strives to provide an educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding, and respect that ultimately also benefits the global community.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency