This ad is expired.
Assistant Professor of Social Work
Job no: 506292
Work type: Instructional Faculty - Tenured/Tenure-Track
Location: Monterey Bay
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Public Affairs
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students.
The university's Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
- Dedicated to excellence in teaching Master of Social Work courses
- Committee to developing an innovative curriculum, including student-centered, flipped classroom, outcomes-based pedagogy
- Willing and able to contribute to college, department, and program growth
- Sensitive to diversity issues common to a Hispanic Serving Institution and California's central coast region
- Able to teach 12 credits per semester including local travel for field placement outreach and/or build grant funding to substitute for teaching responsibilities
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Social Work or a related field by the time of appointment from an accredited doctoral program
- Evidence of an applied research agenda and early stages of a publication record
- Ability to mentor ethnically diverse students (especially Hispanics/Latinos)
- Ability to teach effectively in a wide range of graduate social work courses with experience in field placement engagement
- Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community
- License or license eligible with clear experience at the LCSW practice level
- Knowledge of school systems, homelessness or substance abuse
- Experience teaching computer-assisted courses and/or online content
- Interest and ability in community engagement and participatory research
- Track record of external funding and peer-reviewed publications
- Demonstrated interest in vulnerable groups, including Hispanic populations as well as other groups
- Interest in under-served communities and ideas for engaging in schools and other community-based settings is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas are desirable
- Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Tenure-Track
- Classification: Academic Year Faculty
- Collective Bargaining Unit: R03
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
There are components of this job which are deemed essential on campus. This position will primarily work on the main campus, with occasional work from home. This position requires working on campus with students. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. In the fall, students, faculty, staff, and the community can expect that masks will be required and that the appropriate degree of social distancing will be in place in all areas based on evolving guidance. Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to be vaccinated before coming to campus. All community members who work or attend class on campus should expect to participate in a random or periodic testing system. CSUMB will communicate more information about vaccination requirements and testing protocols when the details become available.
PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: January 18, 2022 - Open Until Filled
APPOINTMENT DATE: Fall 2022
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, visit https://careers.csumb.edu/en-us/job/506292/assistant-professor-of-social-work
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency