This ad is expired.
Administrative Analyst Specialist (Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Non Exempt), Accounting
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 525414
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled) Job Summary:
Under general direction, serve as the analyst for Financial Services department including the University Controller, Associate Controllers, and area Directors and Managers. The incumbent will perform the full range of work related to operational and fiscal analysis related to an administrative specialty. Primary responsibilities include budget management, budget forecasting, HR liaison, leading recruitments, procurement, leading and coordinating administrative support services for the department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute independent decisions on day-to-day administrative operations including procurement, travel, processing payroll, events and activities that often involve coordination with Finance and Administrative Services (FAS) departments, office of the Vice Presidents and various departments across campus.
- Requires mastery of the procurement process to effectively and efficiently complete purchases and guide all areas in Financial Services through the process. Uses independent judgment, making decisions and interpreting CSUSB Procurement policies and procedures, closely working with Procurement and Accounts Payable departments, ensuring that purchases are in compliance with State and fund requirements.
- Serves as the primary conduit between department heads and human resources for all personnel related activities. Guide Financial Services through HR related activities. Lead recruitment. Produce & process recruitment documents needed for temporary & full-time staff; including annual & temporary staff evaluations, new hire paperwork, reassignments, IRP & stipend request, rehire packets & conversion to permanent requests.
- Payroll duties - certify, collect & submit department timesheets, monitor & update absence management with monthly leave activity, maintain and reconcile absence management leave balances.
- Provide high level budget and fiscal support including managing a budget with varied and complex funding sources, often requiring frequent interaction and liaison with various offices. Strong competency in fiscal/budget management, ability to use campus Enterprise Systems to obtain necessary information and producing budget projections.
- Responsible for monitoring & reconciling Financial Services' general fund and trust accounts. Monitor all FS salaries (i.e., full time, part time, temporary, permanent, etc.) and benefits to ensure salaries stay within budget and research any variances monthly. Monthly, prepare spreadsheets that report expenditures, revenues and year-to date projections.
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
- Plan and execute large scale, complex projects that involve coordination with other departments. Identify project needs, outline detailed plans, initiate and coordinate projects. Lead work direct and guidance to others
- Coordinate the arrangements for conferences, workshops and/or off campus business meetings.
- Responsible for content editing of department websites ensuring accuracy of policies, procedures, and personnel.
- Coordinate the arrangements of meetings and other activities, working with CSUSB departments, offices of the VP and AVP for Finance and Admin Svcs and external partners (includes audit entrance & exit meetings).
- Coordinate and oversee general scope of work for office relations throughout Financial Services, working with departments/vendors and contractors.
- Complete assignments for Financial Services managers/directors (travel documents, MOUs, campus agreements, assessment presentations, etc)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree AND/OR the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- Applicants must possess at least three (3) years of work experience providing progressively responsible administrative, technical, and analytical support in an environment of similar complexity.
- Applicant must possess the equivalent to a four-year degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Administration or a closely related field.
- Additional experience which has demonstrated that the applicant has acquired and successfully shown the skills, knowledge and abilities required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,500 - $5,000 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,518 - $6,791 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Non-Exempt/Probationary
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
The application deadline is Friday, February 2, 2023.
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the Office of Employee and Labor Relations by phone at (909) 537-5138 or by email at email@example.com.
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-746032aefce56843b9886a4151d00685