Department Assistant III, Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02622
Posting Date: 11/14/2018
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly
Rate: $17.92 per hour
Work Week: Flexible - as needed
This position does not qualify for benefits.
College/Site: District Office
Location: DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide a variety of complex and confidential clerical and secretarial services to college administrators, faculty and staff; to provide information to the faculty, staff, students and public; to provide complex staff assistance to departments.
- Perform general secretarial and clerical work; schedule appointments and process personnel information; monitor, order, distribute and maintain office supplies; order textbooks; maintain and troubleshoot new equipment; receive and sort mail.
- Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, projects and proposals; compose correspondence related to assigned responsibilities; assist in preparing and typing course outlines and catalog information including class and final examination schedule information.
- Participate in the planning, development and implementation of a variety of events and functions directly related to area of responsibility, including fund raising and special events related to college programs.
- Assign work activities, projects and programs to clerical and student help; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures; participate in the selection of clerical or student staff; assist in staff training.
- Perform a variety of work involved in student assistance including scheduling classes; arrange special accommodations such as testing or audiovisual equipment; inform students of class cancellations; transfer students.
- Prepare a variety of reports and requests such as travel request forms and faculty request forms; prepare monthly payroll; report teacher absences; verify student assistants' time cards; issue, receive,type and process various applications, permits and other forms.
- Organize and maintain filing systems; maintain a variety of files and record logs directly related to area of assignment including certificated and classified employee files, budget information, student
rehabilitation progress and general student files.
- Receive and deliver supplies; verify incoming shipments for appropriate quantity and quality; record receipt of merchandise on purchase order; file purchase order; forward purchase orders to District office for partial or full payment; send District updated inventory list.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school AND three years of responsible clerical experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Word processing methods, techniques and programs.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles of budget administration.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the District.
- Perform general clerical work including maintenance of appropriate records and compiling information for reports.
- Work courteously with students and the general public on the telephone or in person.
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and administration.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Operate a variety of office machines including a computer and applicable software.
- Understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Salary Grade: 38.0
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10997. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency