This ad is expired.
Job Opening ID: 179229
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Shared Services Ctr
Department: Shared Services Center
Posting Begin/End Date: 10/04/2019 10/11/2019
Salary: $79,130.00 $118,700.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Administration
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Shared Services Center (SSC) is a customer service organization where the employees are passionate about providing a high quality customer service experience to the university community. The SSC offers key financial and human resource transaction services to customers through consistent processes and enabling technology.
The SSC is seeking a Technology Manager who will oversee and manage the overall SSC technology portfolio which includes multiple software platforms our business relies upon to deliver exceptional service. This individual will be the SSC's main point of contact in all phases of software life cycles impacting the SSC and will help determine strategic software needs for now and for the future.
This role requires someone with a passion for technology, innovative thinking, process improvement, and project management. This individual will have a wide breadth of responsibilities such as leading software needs assessments, requests for proposals for potential new software or software renewals, while also managing software projects, implementations, upgrades, releases, user readiness, user acceptance testing, licenses and everything in between.
A successful candidate is someone who is able to work closely with leadership, technical partners / experts, as well as business process owners to act as a bridge, speak the language, and accurately represent all perspectives to help ensure operational excellence.
- Oversee, support, and manage all software / technology dependencies at the SSC
- Advise SSC leadership and be an advocate for the SSC's needs in all IT discussions, initiatives, and decisions
- Coordinate SSC technology priorities and oversee strategic and architectural direction of the overall SSC IT ecosystem
- Build relationships through active listening and collaboration with stakeholders, users, customers, partners, and vendors to gain a deep understanding of current processes and opportunities for enhancements
- Play an active leadership role in vendor selections, negotiation of terms and service levels and change management
- Lead implementation / enhancement projects by identifying and quantifying requirements, generating gap analysis between current state, desired future state and the capabilities of existing technology and resources while managing timelines, problem solving issues / changes, and keeping stakeholders informed
- Represent the SSC as the Information Technology Unit Liaison and Information Assurance Security Liaison
- Act as an escalation point for partners and staff around technical, functional, or security issues that may impact the center
- Work with IA on tabletop exercises for cyber-security or other scenarios to ensure preparedness
- Coordinate sensitive data scans
- Coordinate software release user preparedness and acceptance testing
- Keep up-to-date with the evaluation of new tools, techniques, services, practices, and technologies to maintain reliable and efficient development, testing and integrations
- Stay continuously informed to advance technologies, applications, and keeping up with best practices
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Technology related field, Business Administration or 5+ years of equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in the IT field who is a proven leader
- Proven ability to lead project teams, software implementations, or technology change initiatives
- Demonstrated skills in business systems analysis, design, and system testing
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build successful relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Demonstrated skills in process modeling tools and techniques with a continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated proficiency with current computer technology and applications
- Experience with IT Security requirements and management
The University of Michigan, with an operating budget of over $7 billion, is a leader in higher education. U-M SSC provides administrative support related to financial and human resources in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Benefits, HR Data Management, Time and Leave, and Employment Process. To learn more about U-M SSC, please visit our website: SSC.umich.edu
We offer our employees an extensive total compensation package including competitive pay, a two-for-one retirement contribution, a variety of health insurance options, and a generous vacation plan. In addition, there are seven paid holidays and four paid season days.
The Shared Services Center seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
NOTE: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/179229/technology_manager
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency