This ad is expired.
Patient Services Associate
Job Opening ID: 174848
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Dermatology-Tech
Posting Begin/End Date: 8/14/2019 9/04/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Healthcare Admin & Support
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Position provides support in managing the day-to-day operations of the Dermatology Cutaneous Surgery and Oncology Unit within the Cancer Center.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Greet patients arriving for clinic visits, verify appointment status and process visit paperwork.
- Schedule patient appointments for consultation, surgery, post-operative visits, and coordinating with other services as necessary.
- Obtain and verify patient registration demographic information and insurance coverage, update as needed.
- Collect payments, co-pays and past due balances at patient check out using established department guidelines. Reconcile clinic cash collections and credit card transactions daily according to department guidelines.
- Screen, route and respond to phone inquiries from patients, staff, referring physicians and the public.
- Assist and support clinic operations in the Cutaneous Surgery and Oncology Unit by providing patients with appropriate information for patient appointments, scheduling, billing and charges. Basic knowledge of insurance/referral information to assist patients with necessary requirements for insurance plans.
- Coordinates patient appointments between Mohs and Otolaryngology/Facial Plastics/Opthalmology/VA and other services as needed. Schedules consultation appointments into template of other supporting services, Otolaryngology/Facial Plastics.
- Participate in creating efficient patient flow coordinating with nursing and faculty.
- Additional projects and duties assigned by supervisor or unit director.
- Has attained full competence for independent undirected program scheduling and triage.
- Understands and embraces complex operational systems with requirement for continual flex and prioritization.
- Assists, enterprises, facilitates and innovates through ideas in identifying, improving and resolving operational issues and assists in training new staff members in a proactive fashion.
- High school graduate.
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling system.
- 1-2 years of experience in an outpatient setting with the knowledge of medical terminology and basic insurance knowledge.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, exhibit professional and positive image when interacting with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities, with attention to detail with ability to organize workload and possess strong problem solving skills in a highly specialized department.
- Ability to take direction from multiple physicians, supervisor, as well as work independently and efficiently in a busy environment.
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Knowledge of computerized patient management system, i.e., MiChart. Working knowledge of Cadence for appointment scheduling and insurance referrals
40 hours per week; day shift. Potential for Saturday clinics in the future.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/174848/patient_services_associate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency