This ad is expired.
Office Manager and Assistant to the Assistant Dean for Development and Alumni Relations
Job Opening ID: 175956
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Law School
Department: Law School
Posting Begin/End Date: 7/29/2019 8/21/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Administration
How to Apply
We request that all applicants submit a cover letter along with the resume that describes how your experience meets with the job requirements addressed in the posting.
Provide executive level administrative support to the Assistant Dean for Development and Alumni Relations and provide general support to the Alumni Relations Director. Manage four administrative staff, provide leadership, instruction, and mentoring. Interview, hire, and train staff members. Manage and prioritize the daily activities of direct reports. Develop staff to ensure accurate and timely service delivery. Administer all aspects of the Performance Evaluations. Implement and update office procedures. Exercise independent judgment and initiative in interpreting policies and in handling daily responsibilities. Assist with the onboarding and offboarding of staff to the department. Participate on the department's management team.
Who We Are
Founded in 1859, Michigan Law School is one of the world's leading institutions of legal education and enjoys a reputation for academic excellence characterized by a powerful commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Michigan is consistently ranked among the top law schools in the nation, and enjoys international renown for its intellectual rigor, stunning physical surroundings, preeminent faculty scholarship, and a community noted for collegiality and warmth. Michigan Law has an exceptional and cooperative community of talented and interesting students, with 1000 in the JD and 40 in the LLM program. Our commitments to collegiality, to constructive and challenging debate, and to enabling our students to pursue a wide range of options explain why the Law School has long been committed to diversity along many dimensions. Our graduates serve with distinction in the private, public, non-profit, and academic sectors, in large numbers in every major market in the nation, as well as internationally. The University of Michigan is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is considered among the best places in the United States to live and work.
- Provide executive level administrative support to the Assistant Dean for Development and Alumni Relations, and general support to the Alumni Relations Director. Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate performance of administrative office staff. Establish schedules, develop work plans, and manage work-flow for administrative office staff. Implement and update office procedures. Exercise independent judgment and initiative in interpreting policies and in handling daily office responsibilities.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings for the Assistant Dean. Initiate, compose, and edit office correspondence, agendas, and reports.
- Coordinate with Law School Finance regarding reimbursements or other financial related matters for the Assistant Dean, Alumni Relations Director, and others as needed.
- Support the gift acknowledgement process; prepare letters, enter accurate and timely information into the central development database. Coordinate multiple mailings to alumni throughout the year. Provide on-going support for administrative and/or research projects. Coordinate, manage, and delegate preparation of briefing materials.
- Support Alumni Relations special projects as needed.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements; create detailed itineraries, generate post-trip documents and enter contact reports into central development database.
- Answer and screen phone calls, greet and screen visitors, as appropriate. Monitor and distribute correspondence, directing matters to appropriate staff for action or follow-up.
- Coordinate executive and staff committee meetings and prepare minutes.
- Coordinate with Law School's finance team regarding department's office supply needs and equipment purchases.
- Foster a positive, collaborative work environment. Demonstrate excellent communication with team members and other departments to ensure seamless work processes. Ensure that the office environment is professional, neat, clean and well-organized.
-Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible office experience.
- Minimum of three years of staff-supervision experience, including training, corrective action and performance evaluation.
- Demonstrated skill in handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong decision-making skills, organizational skills, work and time management skills.
- Exceptional computer skills; Microsoft Word, electronic calendaring, spreadsheets, database programs.
- Superior verbal, written, and electronic communication skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to anticipate and initiate action, multi-task and manage complex workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- One to three years of Development office experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of UM processes and procedures specific to Development, i.e. DART and ROI is preferred.
At the University of Michigan, our dedication to academic excellence for the public good is inseparable from our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. U-M is committed to recruiting, selecting, and retaining a diverse and highly engaged staff community.
This posting may be removed any time after seven days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/175956/office_manager_and_assistant_to_the_assistant_dean_for_development_and_alumni_relations
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency