This ad is expired.
Medical Assistant Associate
Job Opening ID: 175844
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Urology Clinic - Tech
Posting Begin/End Date: 8/19/2019 9/02/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Patient Care Services
Medical Assistants in this clinic will gain a unique perspective learning the clinical and prior authorization aspects of our surgical specialties. We are excited to help you grow your skills. Not only will you provide clinic assistance by taking vital signs, helping patients, preparing specimens, performing point of care testing, maintaining Lab, and instructing patients on procedures per provider's written protocols. You will also set up and support procedures such as Cystoscopies and stent removals. You will personally be able to perform, Uroflow, Bladder Scanning, Urinalysis and pre-appointment prior authorization work.
Who We Are
Taubman Center Urology Ambulatory Care Unit
We are a University of Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Care Unit that is dedicated to providing the highest quality Urology health care service for both male and female adult patients. Our clinic is located right at the University of Michigan Health System Main Hospital. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why Work at Michigan?
You will play an integral role in the growth of clinic as we introduce new procedures and increase our patient volume. You will assist our institution in providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don't hesitate - join our team today.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
- Perform patient intake including taking patient vitals and recording the following in our electronic medical record: chief complaint, vitals, patient history: including medical, surgical, family, social (specifically including smoking history, packs per day, etc.) menses status (when applicable), medication reconciliation, allergies, and entry of point of care testing orders as assigned
- Obtain medication prior authorizations
- Enter point of care testing results into MiChart
- Set up and assist in urological procedures i.e. Cystoscopies, Prostate Biopsies, Penile dopplers, etc.
- Perform urological procedures i.e. Cystometrograms, Uroflow, Pressure Flows, Bladder Scanning, Urinalysis, Bladder Irrigation
- Maintain, order, and assemble equipment as necessary
- Maintain stock levels in treatment rooms and exam rooms
- Prepare and prep patients for procedures
- Escort patients
- Instruct patients on procedures per written guidelines
- Maintain Urology Lab and prepare specimens
- Other duties as assigned
- We do require that you have a High school diploma or GED
- You are required to have either graduated from a Medical Assistant program OR have an equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years of experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team setting is needed for success in this role
- You must be able to demonstrate active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
- A knowledge of basic medical terminology is necessary
- Certification as an MA
- Additional formal education in a health care field
The facility is open 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday with two late clinics per month running until 7:00PM. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/175844/medical_assistant_associate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency