App Programmer / Analyst Sr
Job Opening ID: 179224
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: School Pub Health
Department: Environmental Health Sciences
Posting Begin/End Date: 10/07/2019 10/21/2019
Salary: $81,880.00 $101,146.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Information Technology
How to Apply
The UM School of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health Sciences is seeking an Applications Programmer/Analyst Senior. A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that relate to this position. This is a two year term limited position.
Key responsiblities include:
- Suggest, develop, and conduct cross-sectional and longitudinal data analyses as necessary for the project in collaboration with key project members
- Develop and execute appropriate systems and protocols in order to remotely access study data in secure, offsite cloud storage, in cooperation with staff at Apple.
- Clean, connect, merge, aggregate, and manage data.
- Participate in and contribute to research team discussions regarding types and execution of data analyses, programming issues, and study and analysis documentation.
- Prepare written and graphical results for peer-reviewed publications and public outreach materials.
- Provide monthly updates to the research team for quality control and quality assurance.
- Maintain and ensure data privacy and security.
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of educaiton and experience; preferred Master's Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Informatics, Computer programming, Epidemiology, or related field of study.
5-7 years of experience conducting data analysis and data management activities or research.Advanced experience with one or more of the following languages/coding platforms; R, Python2/3, Scala 2.11.11, Spark, PySpark, Hadoop 2.9.1, S3 object store, and/or Jupyter.Ability to write clear and concise analytical documentation, summaries of analytical methodologies, and descriptions of statistical results, as well as create charts, tables, and other visual aids.Experience with remote data access, complex data structures, and linkages between data sources.Ability to work effectively with limited supervision.Ability to be consistently detail-oriented.
Doctoral Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Informatics, Computer programming, Epidemiology, or related field of study.Experience with Apple Cloud and other Apple technologies.Expert experience with one or more of the following languages/coding platforms; R, Python2/3, Scala 2.11.11, Spark, PySpark, Hadoop 2.9.1, S3 object store, and/or Jupyter.Experience with "big" data (e.g., datasets consisting of millions or billions of datapoints).
We are seeking an exeperienced and dynamic employee with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/179224/app_programmeranalyst_sr
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency