Statistical Data Analyst
Requisition Number: STATI01701
Do you have practical, demonstrated experience with predictive analytics, statistics and data analysis? Are you able to share your skills and knowledge with our team and others throughout our institution to expand our analytics capabilities? As a member of the Office of the Strategic Analytics and Research, you will help the university community to be well-informed with reliable information so that it may carry out its mission of providing working adults with a quality education. You will use data analysis, statistics and visualization tools to help decision-makers at all levels make better decisions.
- Acquires data, which often will require SQL queries or publicly-available external data-sets, and makes logical conclusions about complex data to prepare it for statistical analysis.
- Develops predictive models in support of strategic goals, to include linear regression models, logistic regression models, and neural networks.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of database concepts and data visualization techniques.
- Deploys models in a production environment.
- Communicates with, and supports, constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Promotes and facilitates data literacy across the organization.
- Provides insight and recommendations for strategic planning.
- Keeps up-to-date with latest technology trends.
- Mentors and transfers knowledge to other members of the institutional research team.
- Develops strong relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV. Physical demands are limited. Some travel may be required on occasion.
- Practical experience with machine learning and/or artificial intelligence.
- In depth knowledge of R, Python or other open source statistical tools.
- Practical understanding of statistical research methods.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Ability to discuss research in any level of detail with peers and stakeholders in small and large group settings.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and represent data in a professional format and in a timely manner.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work effectively among all position levels within the institution.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member to coordinate deliverables with other department activities.
- Ability to be flexible, think critically, work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to acquire information and understand the business.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to mentor, learn from and collaborate with colleagues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree (required); Masters or Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics or other social science discipline preferred.
- Experience or education related to predictive analytics and statistical analysis.
- Experience using R, SPSS or other similar statistical packages.
- Experience embedding analytics into workflows and decision-making processes.
- Experience with learning analytics.
- Experience conducting and publishing research, with examples of white papers or peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Experience with and knowledge of Tableau or other similar business intelligence/data visualization software.
- Experience with and knowledge of relational databases (specifically SQL Server) and data warehouses (Star and Snowflake Schemas).
- 5-7 years' experience in Institutional Research or Analytics field.
- Experience within a Higher Education institution preferred.
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=bbacb931-87e7-44f6-8ac9-0919f519ea6a
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency