Child Development Center Food Coordinator -
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02463
Posting Date: 08/07/2018
Initial Screening Date: 08/21/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 20 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $1,515.62 per month
Maximum Salary: $2,141.53 per month (Maximum Entry $1,515.62 per month)
The Kern Community College District provides a prorated contribution of the existing premium cap to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. The employee pays a prorated amount of the existing premium cap in addition to their selected plan employee contribution cost.
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, plan, organize and coordinate the activities of the Child Care Food Program; oversee and instruct staff in proper food preparation and shipment methods; coordinate food and related supply purchases; assure compliance with State and federal regulations.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by specialized training in food services production, nutrition or a related field and three years of increasingly responsible food services experience.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California drivers license.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation, serving and storage.
- Sanitation and safety practices related to handling, cooking, baking and serving food.
- Menu planning techniques including food values, combinations and substitutions.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Storage and rotation of perishable food.
- Operation of standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Nutritional requirements of school-aged children.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Budgeting procedures and techniques.
- Operation of standard office equipment including a computer.
- Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping.
- Principles of training and supervision.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Plan and prepare a variety of nutritional foods in quantity.
- Develop menus in accordance with nutritional requirements and budget limitations.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Determine accurate amounts of food portions and supplies to be ordered.
- Prepare and administer a budget.
- Create and adjust recipes to fit the needs of the Child Care Food Center.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Train and supervise others.
- Assign and review the work of others.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
Meet schedules and time lines.
Work independently with little direction.
Maintain records and prepare reports.
Salary Grade: 37.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on August 21, 2018 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
Application Screening: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10472. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency