Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Special Projects
University of San Francisco
The Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Special Projects reports directly to the Executive Senior Director of Athletics. The Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Special Projects will be a member of the University of San Francisco Athletic Department and will oversee and manage all athletic facilities, special projects, events and operations, as well as, work cooperatively with student athletes, coaches and athletic department staff. Additionally, the Associate Athletic Director will serve as the primary liaison for guest services, athletic camps, capital projects and special events hosted at the University of San Francisco. Responsibilities include participant safety/risk management, staff training, budget oversight, timely submission of facility requests and oversight of all game day and special event services. The position will supervise and manage the Facilities and Events Coordinator and the new Guest Services Department and team. This position must provide strong and effective on-site leadership and guidance to all relevant staff, participants and other stakeholders.
1. Manage and oversee business operations and systems including: staff training/scheduling/payroll for athletic facilities, special projects, and game day events and operations within Athletics.
2. Responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, of policies, processes and daily guidelines to ensure smooth operations
3. Supervise and control all aspects of home events including crowd control, spectator concerns and interests, and liaison with visiting teams.
4. Hire, control and supervise all game staff and accounting of game payroll.
5. Direct and supervise the assignment of Public Safety Officers to various locations and determine that a building or field has been secured.
6. Direct and supervise the staff, including Able Maintenance, for cleaning the facility during and after home games, as well as, any plant personal needed at games who are non-student employees.
7. Direct and control the maintenance and repair of all home facilities and ensure proper operation of equipment.
1. Facility manager for War Memorial Gymnasium, Negoesco Field and Benedetti Diamond.
2. Supervise and manage events and facilities staff including the Facilities and Events Coordinator, Graduate Assistants and student workers (approximately 30 students).
3. Create and organize in conjunction with the Facilities Coordinator, a master calendar of events at all athletic facilities to ensure that athletic teams have first priority for use of the facility and that the facilities are not booked for conflicting events.
4. Ensure communication with Senior Associate Athletic Director on all team scheduling for contests.
5. Control and supervise all orders for services, repair, cleaning and maintenance of all facilities.
6. Negotiate and execute within policies and procedures all contracts for outside events and insure that all contracts and insurance information are in place before facility rental arrangements are finalized.
7. Liaison with Koret Center and athletics as related to Koret Center usage.
1. Serve as primary liaison with Events Management and Guest Services to coordinate game day and special event services.
2. Serve as primary liaison with Facility Management staff to coordinate events and capital projects.
3. Solicit, organize, direct and control post season and special events at all USF athletic facilities.
4. Develop and manage the concession department to include setting policies and operating standards; ensure all local state and federal laws are adhered to; ensure all participants are properly trained in safety & risk management; meeting and exceeding revenue and performance goals
1. Oversee, manage and continue to develop the Dons Honor Club through communication and engagement with all USF athletic department alumni.
2. Serve as the primary liaison regarding all camp activities, including coordinating all camp dates and working with events management and Koret Center.
3. Manage the facilities and game operations budget up to 500K.
4. Manage and coordinate small capital projects.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred. Minimum of 5 years of game operations athletic operations experience at the collegiate level or related event management experience in the Athletic areana. Preferred 2 years experience managing capital projects. Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills. Knowledge of the mission and goals of the athletic department and the University of San Francisco. Thorough knowledge of NCAA and WCC rules and regulations and the application of those rules to all situations. Ability to assist and supervise staff in situations that may involve rule violations. Experience with interpretation of NCAA rules, regulations and interpretations. Ability to supervise and evaluate staff.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individuals race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency