End User Computing Spec Assoc
Job Opening ID: 176723
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Exec Vp Med Affairs
Department: HITS AOM SvcDeskOps-SD
Posting Begin/End Date: 8/13/2019 8/20/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Information Technology
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Architecture & Operations Management
The HITS Architecture & Operations Management (AOM) division designs, deploys, and supports application platforms, integration solutions, and computing devices. AOM is dedicated to advancing security, quality, and availability of services and data across Michigan Medicine. The team connects patients and business partners with relevant data for both clinical and business needs, while helping to ensure electronic medical records are accessible and secure. The team's frontline staff deliver consistent telephone, online, and in-person customer service to support computers, printers, telecommunication, and mobile devices.
Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) is looking for an End User Computing Specialist to serve our IT customers as part of the Core Service Desk. The HITS Service Desk handles approximately 336,000 customer contacts per year, with users reaching out via multiple channels for help with their technology issues. As the first line of contact for HITS, the Service Desk supports the patient care, research, and education missions of Michigan Medicine every day. Our specialists strive to offer solutions that are simple, correct, and direct, and to deliver them with empathy, efficiency, and pride.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
End User Computing Specialists power the Service Desk by doing the following:
Providing First-line Troubleshooting and Triage for Michigan Medicine Technologies
- Educating users on the many IT tools utilized within the UM Academic Medical Center
- Processing customer requests for access, standard changes, or other general IT needs
- Documenting all steps taken in troubleshooting within a ticketing system, following good incident management process to resolve issues where possible or triage/escalate issues when necessary
Practicing Service Excellence Across All Contact Channels
- Handling queued calls via an Automated Call Distribution system
- Responding to online incidents and requests, including web submitted items via our portal/catalog
- Adapting to future potential channels, including chat
Maintaining Personal and Shared IT Knowledge
- Collaborating with IT professionals across the campus to master new workflows or technologies
- Reviewing and updating the team knowledgebase to ensure the customer receives accurate and relevant information
- Participating in team in-services, skills development sessions, feedback meetings, and special projects
In addition, End User Computing Specialists may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates for the End User Computing Specialist position should meet the following needs:
- Demonstrated proficiency with common device setups used within Michigan Medicine, including Windows and Mac computers, iOS and Android smart devices, and their peripherals
- Significant familiarity with enterprise productivity software, such as the Microsoft Office suite and Google Tools
- Troubleshooting skill with storage solutions, such as network file shares (NAS) and cloud applications (Box, Google Drive, etc.)
- Experience or exposure with electronic medical records, such as Epic Systems
- Other general technology skills, such as wireless and wired networks, security tools, printing, messaging apps, and more
Minimum Experience and Education
- 1-2 years of direct customer support, preferably in either an academic or healthcare setting
- Associate's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience
- Excellent communication skills via in-person engagements, phone, email, and IM/chat
While performing the duties of this position, End User Computing Specialists may regularly be required to sit for long periods of time. Duties include significant keyboarding and computer-based activities while using the telephone. Specialists may also need to lift up to 50 pounds to move items within the contact center.
Additional certifications or education related to the delivery of IT services or problem solving, such as A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL/ITSM v3 Foundations, Lean Thinking/Toyota Production System, Agile, or similar. Knowledge of UM policies, procedures, and tools.
This position is part of a 24x7x365 Service Desk, and as such, the candidate may be asked to work day, afternoon, overnight, weekend, or holiday shifts as needed.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/176723/end_user_computing_spec_assoc
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency