Office Assistant, International Programs
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $17.17 Hourly
Job Type: Less Than Full-Time
Location: Seattle Central College: 1701 Broadway, Seattle, Washington
Seattle Central College International Education Programs (IEP) is hiring a part-time Office Assistant position providing customer-service and clerical support to our front desk. The candidate should have an interest in working with international students from diverse populations. The position is 15 hours /week Monday - Friday beginning May 2019; morning hours are preferred.
Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position
- Serve as the primary contact for front desk customer service in-person inquiries and phone calls from students, staff/faculty, and community members who visit the IEP Office
- Provide information to students/customers who have a variety of questions or direct them to the appropriate resources
- Assist and provide support to front desk student assistants
- Review weekly E-Newsletter, Facebook page, and generate content as needed
- Other projects as assigned
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- High school diploma + 1 year of office experience
- Strong communication, organization and critical thinking skills
- Friendly, welcoming attitude with experience in customer service preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
To apply, visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sccd/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=2415557
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency