Full Time Architecture and Engineering Graphics Faculty
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $60,591.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: North Seattle College: 9600 College Way North, Seattle, Washington
North Seattle College is seeking to fill a full time tenure track position in its Architecture and Engineering Graphics Department to begin in September 2019. North has an associate degree and certificate programs that focus primarily on architectural drafting and design using tools such as AutoCAD and Revit.
Class assignments may include day, evening, hybrid, and/or online. Other responsibilities may include assistance with student advising, program development and program review, coordinating the department, active involvement in division activities, participating on college and/or District committees, participation in performance evaluations, creating and implementing a professional development plan, and other professional obligations as described in the faculty union agreement. In addition, the instructor will work with faculty, community members, and staff to re-envision the curriculum as needed. First-time college students, retraining workers, as well as students with previous degrees comprise the student body. It is expected that the instructor will teach and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
Tenure-track faculty at the Seattle Colleges represent their departments and divisions in the college and district at large, participating in and supporting shared governance committees and initiatives. This position reports to the Dean of Workforce Instruction
First Review of Applications: May 13, 2019
A complete application will include the following:
- Seattle Colleges District application
- Cover letter addressing qualifications, skills, and abilities required for this position.
- A diversity statement (400 word maximum) in which you share your view of diversity in higher education and/or your own journey towards developing awareness and skills related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Candidates should be willing to teach in a variety of formats such as in-class, hybrid, online and varied class times including days, evenings, and weekends according to program needs.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation by AFT-Seattle and is subject to union shop provisions.
- Prepare and teach classes to a diverse population in one or more of the following areas:
- AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), and SolidWorks
- Construction materials and estimating
- Drafting/Design Basics
- Applied Mechanics
- Participate in proposing and developing new offerings as well as adjusting and revising curriculum
- Work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Contribute to IT student success by offering support of learning both in and out of the classroom.
- Teach classes and perform other professional responsibilities as outlined in the AFT Seattle Local 1789 and the Seattle Colleges Board of Trustees Agreement (link to the contract here)
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Associate Degree or higher
- 2 years of work experience as a drafter, architect, or related engineering field.
- Industry training experience and/or teaching experience with a focus on assessment and student success.
- Evidence of collaborative work within an organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and the ability to work effectively with populations of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using technology when appropriate
To apply, visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sccd/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=2415529
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency